bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Well, he is tall. And he is super, super skinny. I mean dudes ass looks like two canned hams it's so small. His Arione seat looks like a Brooks Bros seat when he sits down. The kid is skinny. So maybe the combination of skinny + tall = big ass looking feet.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

45 mile ride today. Fixed of course. I rode with a roadie who was on a carbon Felt. Definitely a little faster pace. We threw a couple intervals in there for fun, I was spinning real fast but keeping up and maintaining.

Fucking new bar tape is bullshit though... some off brand with the wanna-be cork wrap. My hands were not liking it. I think I'm just gonna trash it, never fuck with a no name cheese ball brand again and just get some quality Deda wrap with gel underneath. Or Fizik wrap if I can find the shit in this town.

I got a question for all the guys riding aluminum. What do you do to cope with the inherent harshness of the ride? Carbon stem/seatpost/fork? Lower tire pressure? Gel under the bar wrap and the best saddle you can find?

I ask this because I'm seriously considering selling my nice steel track frame for a Concept, and Alpenrose is a bumpy track. Also, it'd see some street riding but never anything like the long road rides I do on my KHS beater.

Never even heard of Tour De Chicago. That definitely sucks tho.

Rubbish it's a great bike. IF anything.. I mean ANYTHING, just a carbon post will do the trick. Gel saddle and carbon post will make it feel like steel but dont buy it if you want it to fee like steel.

TdC is a series of alleycats that takes place in Chicago over the winter.

I'll probably go for a carbon Ritchey post if I opt for the concept. I'm not considering it in hopes that it's going to be like steel, I'm interested because it'd be a legit race machine over any steel bike I have right now and I like the aesthetics of the Concept as well over other aluminum frames. Nice clean welds. Not to mention it's possibly the best deal on an AL track frame out there. I just can't handle having a bike that I'd hate riding on the street, even if I want it for track racing. I mean I'd probably never take it for anything longer than 15-20 miles in the city, but I don't want to be sore and fatigued every time that happens or pissed off every time the pavement isn't perfecto.

Oh well, I'll probably bite the bullet and get it eventually. They need to drop that '08 already.

Bianchi's distributors are fucked. They control who sells the brand and keep as close a link to bigger shops as possible. If you find a small shop selling Bianchi... chances are they're "in" with the distributor, or they sucked some dick. It's also why some shops get their shipments earlier than others. Sometimes months earlier. Bianchi needs to step in and make some changes on how their US distributor handles things.

Rubbish... a carbon post will help, definitely. Doesn't the Concept come with a carbon fork? Between the two you should have a pretty smooth ride on the both the road and track.

And I found a shot of the 2008 Concept...

http://www.bianchi.com/common/products2008/pdf/Catalogue2008_en.pdf

go to page 22

pretty sure that is the euro market aluminum pista.

according to the US bianchi shops i have talked to the concept will look just like it did last year.

apparently the 2007 run of forks were fucked so they are working on filling all the warranty orders

before dealing with any new 2008 orders.

i had originally tried to get mine through a small (very small) shop in urbana.

then, after nearly a year of waiting, put a deposit on one at a shop up here.

the owner in urbana was so tired of talking to them, and he swears by bianchi,

that he gave my girl the warehouses number and told her to start calling.

it was supposed to be a b-day gift last summer.

then an xmas gift, then a valentine...

Bianchi's distributors are fucked. They control who sells the brand and keep as close a link to bigger shops as possible. If you find a small shop selling Bianchi... chances are they're "in" with the distributor, or they sucked some dick. It's also why some shops get their shipments earlier than others. Sometimes months earlier. Bianchi needs to step in and make some changes on how their US distributor handles things.

Rubbish... a carbon post will help, definitely. Doesn't the Concept come with a carbon fork? Between the two you should have a pretty smooth ride on the both the road and track.

go to page 22

That one on pg. 22 is the D2 Pista Aluminum... I've heard one rumor that Bianchi is replacing the Concept with that in '08 (making Bianchi one of the dumbest companies ever... seeing as what the demand for Concepts are at right now) and I've heard another rumor that Concepts are back in '08 and the D2 Aluminum for for overseas market.

Either way, back to back the Concept looks a bit nicer than D2. As far as performance, who knows.

go to page 22

That one on pg. 22 is the D2 Pista Aluminum... I've heard one rumor that Bianchi is replacing the Concept with that in '08 (making Bianchi one of the dumbest companies ever... seeing as what the demand for Concepts are at right now) and I've heard another rumor that Concepts are back in '08 and the D2 Aluminum for for overseas market.

Either way, back to back the Concept looks a bit nicer than D2. As far as performance, who knows.

DSC_05652.jpg

didn't know futura 2000 was a messenger in new york in the 80's? anyways here's some "work" he did on some guys bike.

That COULD just be a non-american english catalog. The concept's a namesake/paintscheme exclusive to Bianchi's american distributor. Either way I'm not sure how you improve on last year's concept. Geometry looks changed but that could just be to make up for taking out the seat tube cutout.

Looks to me like they discontinued some of the tubing and stretched the tubing they used further across the lineup. Bianchi likes to stretch a buck but I doubt they'd diregard quality. Like you said it might even be better.

The build on that bike looks pretty afterthought-ish. "oh we have this mavic contract again, lets throw some elipses on it." "Oh why even bother putting deda drops, just use these ergo bars we put on everything else." Which is fine because Im pretty sure they know they've got the best fucking shop floor setup for that price. Those carbon pro cranks are pretty nice too. I know they retail for more than the SG75s, but why, I have no clue.

Yeah I remember. I also remember not being able to find any fucking place in the states that sold it. And the British are assholes with shipping. I ended up paying $208 from Bianchi USA. Super thin carbon too. I'd just as well buy something else.

If I was gonna buy another alu track frame I'd buy a santa cruz roadster. Welds may not be as clean but they're light, strong, and a billion times more rare. I had one as a loaner for a while and fucking loved it. Loved repping Santa Cruz instead of Bianchi too. AND it's white.

my brother had an FSA track crank.

his drivetrain jumped anytime he started out.

he thought it was a loose cog/lockring.

in fact it was the spider shifting around the crankarm.

did a little research and his is not the only set to act up.

FSA will warranty it or re-glue the spider, but it is only a quick fix.

he ended up replacing it with a record set for about the same price.

i have no problem with sugino, or even miche for that matter.

i also have no qualms about aluminum.

people make it sound like they are chipping teeth and compacting vertebrae.

ride steel, ride carbon, ride aluminum. this isnt the dark ages of metalurgy.

builders/manufacturers have the feel of each dialed however they like.

sorry about the sass.

Just wondering if you guys could help.

i'm wanting to cycle 874 miles on road (various form of road, and some big hills) sometime this year.

i havn't been on a bike other than my bmx for a good few years now and just wondering what sort of bike i would need?

would a touring be a good option?

and if so and ideas on fairly cheap bikes to get.

much appritiated.

First race of the year today. It was all about working for the team today. Chased one group of four down on the second of four circuits. That pretty much blew my legs up so I did all I could to sit in and just finish with the group. On the last lap with less than a kilometer to go I made a "dummy" break to get the ones who want to win chase me down, and let me sprinter sit in. The plan worked perfectly but my sprinter blew up and finished in the pack. I have no idea what place I got but it doesn't really matter. It's too early for me to care about that kind of crap right now. I'm just trying to get some racing miles in the legs before I try anything.

Beautiful day for a race though... not a cloud in the sky and it's warm.