bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Portland Streets...

This is the start of that Thompson road I was talking about earlier, but you can't really tell that it's about to go up. It's only a few minutes outside of downtown...

Picture5.png

This is a section of Skyline road. This is probably one of the most traveled and trained on roads for road cyclists. It also is a major artery for MTB riders as well because where one fire road ends on Skyline... you just ride a mile or so to another fire road and keep going. There is always cyclists on this road, always. Skyline runs along the entire west side of downtown so to get to it you just need to ride up one of the many, many hills to get to it. Thompson is one of those hills.

Picture6.png

This is a section of Highway 30. It's relatively flat and is the road to get to Sauvies Island that Rubbish mentioned. Sauvies is a pancake flat 11 mile loop and by road it's about twenty minutes by bike from the city. So you get a good warm up before you get to the loop if you're going there to do flat intervals or time trailing. Check out the herb riding down the road...

Picture7.png

This a shot taken form probably one of the busiest intersections of downtown Portland. As you can see on the right there is a bike lane that is marked as such. These lanes are all over the city on all major streets. Portland is really, really good about making bike lanes every year and keeping bike safety a goal.

Picture8.png

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Want a good suffer-fest?

Highway 30 north to McNamee, up McNamee to Skyline, Skyline south back to Germantown, down Germantown to HWY30, 30 north to Newberry, up Newberry to Skyline, Skyline south to Greenleaf, back up to Skyline then down either Burnside or go through Washington Park to get back into the city.

That's a good sweat right there... and all within minutes of downtown.

So I was walking the lady to her office this morning and I found a bike. Needs a little help but that

is no problem. Better yet the lady's brother needs a bike so there it is. An old Univerga like early 80's

or late 70's with a taco'ed rear wheel and all done derailure. I can clear out some more clutter fixing

this shit up. Nice. We were gonna buy him one to fix up but now we can save the $ for shipping to

South America and couple of tools. This thing should last him a very long time.

Anyone run across randon free bikes?

I guess it helps I live in a college town.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Check it out. I worked at 2 shops that carried Jamis.

That's a good brand to buy. They make a nice frame but where

you do well is with the parts package. Jamis offers really good value

for the $ you spend. A comprable brand at the same price point will

have lower quality parts throughout. So you pay for the name and

frame with the competion. Jamis is good on the warranty end of shit

as well.

Smart buy.

Oh that's a nice track bike out of the box. I bet they don't sell many track bikes up in Buffalo.

I smell winter deal. Seasonal bike shop wants to move inventory, even if they sell skis. I bet you

can get some shit thrown in. You're doing them a favor at this time of year with a bike like that.

My guess is they sell lots of MNT bikes.

Regardless this is the time of year to grab a deal on a bike if the size is right.

Goodluck and get a brake put on that Sputnik.

Want a good suffer-fest?

Highway 30 north to McNamee, up McNamee to Skyline, Skyline south back to Germantown, down Germantown to HWY30, 30 north to Newberry, up Newberry to Skyline, Skyline south to Greenleaf, back up to Skyline then down either Burnside or go through Washington Park to get back into the city.

That's a good sweat right there... and all within minutes of downtown.

I would die, out of shape highschool kid, thats not about to happen for me

i have an aerospoke mounted up front on my rain bike... hope i don't get arrested by the function-over-fashion police. just burrowing it from a friend for a few days... heavy as shit but it's pretty nice for bombing hills and maintaining a constant, fast (20+ mph) speed. other than that, it's overpriced, heavy and flexy. sucks major for climbling. i already knew all this but wanted to experience it first hand.

Yo!!! Tim Johnson won the National Championships today.

Man right down to the wire with Page like 6 seconds apart.

Amazing! That punk ass trebon DNF'd cause he got dropped

out of the top ten. That dude has no heart. you DO NOT pull

out of the Championship as the Champion because you're getting

murdered. Shit is mad disrespectful to the Jersey. What a brat.

Serves him right for dissing Tim in interviews and shit.

Word the womens race was sick too Compton in charge.

Good Championships with the mud and snow and frozen errything.

I've been getting phone calls from my friends who are there.

It's fun hearing the bells in the background.

That's it. I'm rambling.

Okay your right I got a little carried away. Treefarm there gets me all mad

when he talks ill of Mr. Johnson though. Not trying to start the Costal cross

beefs. I will say I've seen trebon throw in the towel a few times in the shitty

weather and in cyclo cross we all know thats a big no no.

Powers had a great race even with the mechanical so did Wicks.

Yes Tim is automatic and there will be a few selections. I'm sure Page is on the

Worlds team roster don't know how the rest will work out. They may hand out #'s

of riders per country by UCI points. So I don't know where that puts the US. 4 or 5

riders maybe.

Joker: If you want to edit that post cool by me.

Joker: If you want to edit that post cool by me.

Wouldn't dream of it. You said nothing wrong so why would I? Doing so because you talked shit about someone who is from my town would be kinda corny... and a blatent abuse of power. Besides... I'd have been genuinely upset if you had talked trash about Erik Tonkin. Dude is just way too nice. I was just being silly about Trebon.

Whenever I read about Trebon's DNF's and find out it was because he, basically, couldn't handle the weather or muck... I'm always amazed. I mean, CCX in Oregon is always in the muck. It's the end of the year when the rainy season starts so you can be certain that any races in November and December are going to be nasty. And he wins most of those races, even when the big boys are in town. Maybe he just gets sick of it... I don't know. I was reading in Velonews how he was excited to get back to Europe for some racing leading up to the Worlds. Now I wonder if he'll even get the invite.

Yo Tonkin gets mad props dude. That guy killed it two years ago at the Verge NE series.

Last two days were brutal cold and snow. That guy duked it out with TJ and Mark McCormack who is a monster.

He hung tough and made the podium for the overall I think. But when you see a guy with speed, skills and

a smile that's says a lot right there.

Tonkin gets tons of respect around these parts. He owns a local bike shop in a quiet part of town and does his thing. Real down to earth guy. I think he found what he loves to do and does it for a living. He runs a "Cross Clinic" every year to help newbies out with skills and does it for such a small fee, it's kinda ridiculous. Every one I know who has taken his classes ends up doing really well overall in the series here in Portland.

Mark McCormack rides a bike like he stole it... even through mud. He impressed the hell out of me when the nats were here a few years ago. The guy is indeed a monster.

My coach is selling his track bike...

Colnago Master Pista (Steel Track Frame/Fork)

Size 55 c-t (54.3 top tube c-c)

Mapei Paint Scheme

Immaculate condition

Campagnolo Record Pista Grouppo

Tubular Wheels (Mavic Box Rims laced to Campy Record

Pista Hubs)

Thomson Elite Post

TTT Bars

ITM Big One (matching bike) stem

Record Threadless HS

Mapei Saddle (new)

New bar tape

This bike is pristine.

$1500 complete.

I wish I had me some cash laying around...