bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That would be funny to do, just for the sake of trashing the artist' point... but I wouldn't want to have to lift that thing. You know the bike itself is heavy so imagine how much heavier it is with all those locks...

37 minutes = in the top 80= 3 hour brutalizer! Friend called me this morning and said I was in the main race. No clue what place I got in qualifying because the qualifying list was by registration number, but Shino from Tokyo who won the cycle messenger world championship last year in Sydney qualified in 24 minutes. Race was on a closed circuit and funny thing was first and second were placed by fixed gears. Dude named Jumbo from Copenhagen took first, Shino second, and roadie SuperMike took third and first overall in the events. I heard i placed somewhere in the mid fifties. Now ive got to be in San Jose at nine tomorrow morning, just to find out i probably cant use the track since 50 get to race and priority goes to messengers... shit! Im bringing the roadie just in case that happens because the summit of mt Hamilton is -20 miles away from the track.

Pics from some other San Fran head. http://www.lonestartours.com/web/5-26-07/

Just got back from the track. Holy shit. Greatest thing Ive ever done, REAL track cycling. And jesus do I need a harder gear than 48/16. Im going to start going to the gym too because these dudes are fucking ripping it. Lifes not fun when youre playing Australian Pursuit and youre spinning out at 30 mph hoping this shit ends soon and some guy flys past you at 37. Fun game tho. Australian Pursuit, Scratch, sprints, some knockout game where every lap last place gets taken off the track. Just the experience of having one of your dudes hold your seat at the starting line is a weird feeling. Balancing on the top of the banked turn is fucking hard.

Oh and no need to mention that the women of the track are greatest women in the world.

Thanks swedish.

Yeah i just showed up to the track with my street setup and nothing else. Ive tried to limit wear on my tires by pseudo-coasting more than anything and only skidding if i really need to. My gatorskins have lasted a couple months now and i dont want to spend the time/money to run a brake on my concept. Having to slow without a brake and speedup fast is something i want to work on too.

Also, I met Austin from Trackstar with that bright ass orange Brooklyn Machine Works track bike a page back or so. He let me ride it and the thing was pretty damn stiff. He took second in the messenger competitions to a Portlander named Zack with a half mohawk going. Great guy, very fast and definitely knew what he was doing on the track. Talk to him if you see him out at alpenrose this summer, Id like to know what hes doing to train from CMWC since he won free tickets to it.

48/16 is pretty standard. I never had issues with it.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it on the track, hell I run 49x16 on the track and street as well and love it but as far as brakeless track bike riding on the street, 48x16 yields 1 skid patch and is a horrible ratio for the life of your back tire. That's all.

Thanks swedish.

Yeah i just showed up to the track with my street setup and nothing else. Ive tried to limit wear on my tires by pseudo-coasting more than anything and only skidding if i really need to. My gatorskins have lasted a couple months now and i dont want to spend the time/money to run a brake on my concept. Having to slow without a brake and speedup fast is something i want to work on too.

Also, I met Austin from Trackstar with that bright ass orange Brooklyn Machine Works track bike a page back or so. He let me ride it and the thing was pretty damn stiff. He took second in the messenger competitions to a Portlander named Zack with a half mohawk going. Great guy, very fast and definitely knew what he was doing on the track. Talk to him if you see him out at alpenrose this summer, Id like to know what hes doing to train from CMWC since he won free tickets to it.

Oh yeah, Zack huh? Has a Gan Well Pro and a messenger bag that says "Fixie King" on it right? I see him all the time, he's definitely good at track from what I've heard. Was he running his disk wheel? That's cool that a guy from PDX got first in the messenger track race.

http://bikeportland.org/2007/05/29/portlanders-grab-two-titles-at-messenger-championships/ ahh here we go. Looks like PDX won in bike polo as well. That shits an institution here too.

Interesting to note in the skid comp it wasnt anyone famous who took first.

Pics soon.

holla at cha boy.........

that skid comp was rough, uphill start and all.

i love getting shit talked cause no one knows who i am and i won.

soup? you talking about colin from macafabra(or how ever the fuck they spell it) crew?

i heard he won friday night alleycat the portland crew put on.

i somehow was unable to get a manifest for the race, but smashed the wrong way up post to freight and back to one post with some dudes for the fun of it.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it on the track, hell I run 49x16 on the track and street as well and love it but as far as brakeless track bike riding on the street, 48x16 yields 1 skid patch and is a horrible ratio for the life of your back tire. That's all.

Oh yeah, Zack huh? Has a Gan Well Pro and a messenger bag that says "Fixie King" on it right? I see him all the time, he's definitely good at track from what I've heard. Was he running his disk wheel? That's cool that a guy from PDX got first in the messenger track race.

http://bikeportland.org/2007/05/29/portlanders-grab-two-titles-at-messenger-championships/ ahh here we go. Looks like PDX won in bike polo as well. That shits an institution here too.

i wasnt around for the track events, but im pretty sure he was running the disk wheel on his track racing bike during the main race.

Bars slanting? How much have you had to drink?

Two nights of racing with the cat 1/2's ... I'm done for the week man. A few days training to recover and then I'm taking it easy for a while. Dem boys are fast and furious.

Girl today pissed me the hell off. I dont think i ever talked so much shit to someone for no reason ever. Nice girl older than me, maybe late 20s doin the dress-like pants, jean jacket, high heel summer thong sandals, and $4,000.00 of bicycle, just hopped on bart and plopped on down in the seat next to mine. Specialized Allez Pro with spd pedals and she was just cruisin home from work. I thought that shit had to be stolen so I started talking to her about if she had actual shoes for those pedals, if she rides, if she locks that thing up outside work, where she bought it, how much she bought it for... and either she was the biggest dumbass airhead her LBS had ever seen, or bought it off a crackhead, but i tried my fucking best to ruin her day and get that thing in the lost and found files of craigslist even if shes just a dumb yuppie with too much cash tho her *I got it at Ross* look definitely didnt fit the profile. Sucks for her.

Girl today pissed me the hell off. I dont think i ever talked so much shit to someone for no reason ever. Nice girl older than me, maybe late 20s doin the dress-like pants, jean jacket, high heel summer thong sandals, and $4,000.00 of bicycle, just hopped on bart and plopped on down in the seat next to mine. Specialized Allez Pro with spd pedals and she was just cruisin home from work. I thought that shit had to be stolen so I started talking to her about if she had actual shoes for those pedals, if she rides, if she locks that thing up outside work, where she bought it, how much she bought it for... and either she was the biggest dumbass airhead her LBS had ever seen, or bought it off a crackhead, but i tried my fucking best to ruin her day and get that thing in the lost and found files of craigslist even if shes just a dumb yuppie with too much cash tho her *I got it at Ross* look definitely didnt fit the profile. Sucks for her.

probably just has a rich boyfriend who rides/races bikes and wants to get her hooked on it.

Oh yeah, Zack huh? Has a Gan Well Pro and a messenger bag that says "Fixie King" on it right?

That dude wins everything, all the time. Everywhere.

well maybe not. Dude is a champ though.

alright i need some info here on mtbs is any one can help

whats the differences between these two aside from the obvious:

2:1 4X

prodimg5.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.foesracing.com/mountainbikes.cfm?view=fourx07

and this

2:1 FXR

prodimg1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.foesracing.com/mountainbikes.cfm?view=fxr07

Ive always hated the idea of going to a gym but a few days ago i got talked into checking it out specifically for the leg press. So I went in, no idea what to do, went on the stationary bike for 20 minutes to warm up, did 5 reps of 10 on the press at 240, walked around and tried all the other leg and lower back oriented machines, walked out and got on my bike and i felt even there a difference. Two days later im sore as hell and riding my bike bow-legged but as soon as the soreness is over im going back to the gym.

Im curious to know when you guys use or dont use the gym and what sort of workout you guys do.