bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

hmm yeah, that's not too bad. i'd say the best bet would be to seek out the wheelbuilder with the best reputation in turn that stocks those rims that you're looking into and have him build you a set, because a good hand wheelbuild really makes a huge difference compared to a subpar build from a mechanic who doesn't know what he's doing, or a machine laced wheel. it's worth a little extra dough.

i got some double straps today. only set up one so far (what a pain in the ass it is to install these straps into mks sylvan track peds...) and rode around w/ mismatched pedals, but man, there's such a noticable difference between my new setup (nice doubles) and my old (non-laminated singles).

i also rode clipless today on someone else's bike. it felt a little funny for skid stops, not as solid as i was hoping for, but i can see why it'd be vastly superior to anything else on a road bike/freewheel when all you need to worry about is having that perfect spin.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Damn... those fatty tire bikes look like they could be fun. Take me back to my BMX days of jumping around.

Ahhhhh... this is the life. No training or riding or racing till Sunday. I'm on a much needed rest after a hard early season of racing and long winter season of training. Nothing like coming home from work and laying on the couch watching Planet Earth episodes.

On jokers note. I took the fixie on a 52 mile ride between bart stations. Rolling hills, 6% avg grade, 40 mile headwinds (were talking about fields of aeroturbines), 48/16 ratio= Im fucking tired. Im liking steel more and more. What do i care about all carbon wonder bikes? Im not against the clock.

edit: Keven and someone else at Rivendell has that Surly. Big tires = a lot of fun.

And ryan leech is dope.

The lion, or liar, of flanders...

Yesterday sucked. I ended up losing control down a wet hill in bumper to bumper traffic and almost ran into some dudes convertible. Then 10 minutes later i was turning off the road to stretch and ate shit after hitting one of those big plastic reflectors in the road. Then i got rained on.

I love when Giancarlo has both talkies up to his mouth talking shit! So funny!

Bettini is a definite fav of mine. Something about a rider who is quiet and happy but when he unleashes the pain... it's over. Even if he doesn't when, when Bettini attacks the field is shattered. Inspirational.

Been off the bike for four days now and I'm eager to get back on. Have to wait till Sunday though. Supposed to be super nice weather too.

The videos...

Definitely enjoyed the JW video but now his whole career is under suspicion if you ask me. But when youy consider everyone who was worth a damn back then was probably on the same juice... dude still earned his nickname.

I'm certainly more of a roadie but with my background... that MTB video up there was pretty cool. I don't care for all the flips and leg whips... I just dig it when the go big.

its funny i could care less about doping. i doubt it makes that much of an increase in performance at that level. this dude i work with gets all fucking irate and pissed watching sports center if like barry bonds comes on or anything. im like chill fool, who cares... with cycling i see it more of an art form. form and style, and within that form and style you have the physical toughness to crush people. bettini is def up there.