the radiohead topic

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"i can make it worth your while. i wont let you blow me in the back of my trans am like seeking"

woah! i know i posted that constitutional ammendment, but um, i think you got the wrong guy, plus seeks has a yellow i-rock, with italiano on the vanity plate....vrrrrrrooooooommmmm!!!!!!!

nah, i know seeks we'll come through with the shit...all EMO fo sho!!!! yeah seeks, ill let ya know what tool shows i can get too...and if pilau you read this, just know your package has become the perpetual package from hell, but im working through it, and itll be worth the insane wait....perhaps an early xmas gift at this rate....

yeah i figure a few shows and the tortoise one, and some saucy shite on a certain painter i went digging for outta of an art book i got....all this and some white powder just to freak ya....ANTHRAX AND AMERICA!!!!

the news is strangling me with sound bytes

-pan

...hahaha....i was wondering when you were gonna check in dood...anyways hope your enjoying the holland show and the others as well seek.....beardo i got msg yesterday, bro, wait till you hear follow me around into pyramid song........chills.....optomistic/everything in its right place/exit music... i mean shit you were there you fucking know, all im saying is wait for that to come flooding back into the conciousness...words, blah.....heh i also got that live tortoise yesterday too, havent checked it out yet but ill let ya know....

pieces...roe

Originally posted by THE DEVIL!

One time, seeking innocence let me give him head in the back seat of his Trans-Am. :D

seeking- im a sucker for a guy in pumps, what can i say....

this is where i got the line from.... . . ... . .. .. .

hey beardo, and any other phili heads, just grab this off greenplatic....figured id post it, granted laser light shows were hip in 94 but heh, if you got nothing to do or nothing to post on a sat. nite, here ya go jack:

Laser Radiohead

The Fels Planetarium (part of the Franklin Institute) in Philadephia, PA will begin showing a "Laser Radiohead" show each Friday and Saturday night at 9:30pm starting this Friday, October 19. Tickets are $8.00 and may be purchased the evening of the show. Seating is limited. For more details, check out this page.

http://www.laserfantasy.com/Laser_Shows/philly.html

-r-

more info the you need

just grabbed this off, dont know if anyone heard about this tour, but i guess it was pretty sick, ofcourse never came to the states:

Neil Finn Live Album To Feature Johnny Marr, Radiohead

Neil Finn has announced details of a forthcoming live album which will feature, among others, Johnny Marr and Radiohead's Phil Selway and Ed O'Brien.

The album, entitled 7 Worlds Collide, will be available on CD and DVD from 12 November. It was recorded at Neil's 'residency' at St. James' Theatre in Auckland between 2 and 6 April 2001. Neil's band for the stint comprised Johnny Marr, Eddie Vedder, Radiohead's Phil Selway and Ed O'Brien, Neil's brother Tim and Lisa Germano. Liam Finn, Neil's son, also appears.

Featured on the album are classic Crowded House tracks (Weather With You and Don't Dream It's Over as well as a cover of the Smiths' There Is A Light That Will Never Go Out.

---on a side note, i got to fuck around with a kaos pad last weekend...the one greenwood bust out sometimes, esp. during everything in its right place....it was sick...my boy is a jazz "purist" guitarist but after checking out tortoise and radiohead this year is begining to infuse jazz and electronics...so he called me up and tells me to come over immediately...i run over and hes got the kaos pad hooked up to the stereo sitting on a stool...i almost shit...i put in this live tortoise i had, and we just fucked around on the thing for hours...sick is all i can think of...to all the musicians out there, do your music a favor and get this toy so you can break sound barriers....r

has anybody seen the video on the net for idioteque? not the one where they are standing around in a studio.. there's one that looks like it was made with flash or something, and the version i have is only maybe a minute and a half of the song.. it's amazing. it reminded me of the let down video a little bit. if anybody knows where i can get the full version, let me know. i will try to dig up the link of the place i found it and post it soon.

also if anybody is willing to hook me up with the MSG show, i'll trade blanks or caps or half an ounce of my soul or whatever for it.

...hey glue my bad bro...i believe it was over two months now since your birthday right? when you couldnt bust up to for liberty island shows?...dam man i remember saying i was gonna shoot you off a show for a bday present...and well, like most fucking things i slacked hard....hit me with an email man, and ill burn ya msg i just got it, and ill double your pleasure and chuck in the liberty state, which im getting right now...its the show when he busts out true love waits....hot hot hot...for a sec. i thought you were offering a half ounce of buddha! dont need the soul got a hard enough time keeping mine in check...strictly on the house for the glue huffer....get ahold of me.....roe

how does your mp3 source sound roe? mine is crispy as rice!!

some source info (actually, too much source info haha)

Artist: Radiohead

Date: 2001-08-07

Venue: Madison Square Garden - New York, New York

Sets: ALL

Media: SHN

Number: 2

Source: DAUD/FOB Schoeps mk4(ortf)->kc5 actives->cmc5->Sonosax SX-M2 (+30dB)->SBM-1->D7@44.1kHz

Quality: A+

Notes: Radiohead 08/07/01 Madison Square Garden - New York, New York

Source: DAUD/FOB Schoeps mk4(ortf)->kc5 actives->cmc5->Sonosax SX-M2 (+30dB)->

SBM-1->D7@44.1kHz

Master (from D7) used in below transfer

Conversion: Tascam DA-20 > Apogee Coax > Digigram VX/Pocket > Soundforge 5.0 (Fade in/outs) >

CD Wave > mkwACT v0.97

(shn files have seek tables appended)

**No DAE or resampling at all**

Detailed info: Sec. 8, Row B, Seat 6; directly in front (just inside) of left stack

Capsules ORTF in backwards mesh hat (Mulvey hat) at about 6'2'' or so.

Minor Edits: Fades in/out beg/end of sets--3 sec in all cases

Tapers: Beau Colburn and Chris Preston

Transferred and uploaded by Jim Raras <jraras@yahoo.com> via Dankseeds

Please contact me with questions etc.

*Dankseed Certification received 01-08-13*

and posted at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dankseeds/fi...les/rh01-08-07/

Listening test performed by *5* danksters

positive criteria met:

Tracking- OK

Seamless and complete- OK

Lineage listed- OK

negative criteria met:

DAE- NO

Resampled- NO

Diginoise- NO

Disc 1

01. National Anthem

02. Morning Bell

03. My Iron Lung

04. Karma Police

05. Knives Out

06. Permanent Daylight

07. Climbing Up The Walls

08. No Surprises

09. Dollars & Cents

10. Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box

11. Fake Plastic Trees

12. I Might Be Wrong

13. Follow Me Around (Thom solo on piano) > Pyramid Song

14. Paranoid Android

15. Idioteque

Disc 2:

01. Everything In Its Right Place

02. Encore break/crowd noise

03. Lucky (preceeded by false start)

04. Optimistic

05. You And Whose Army?

06. How To Disappear Completely

07. Encore 2 break/crowd noise

08. Talk Show Host

09. Street Spirit

10. Exit Music

WOAH! thats like transcribing egyptian heiroglyphics dood...you gotta go into more detail....i mean i understand some of it, but what is it? did the guy send you it? whats the source of the info and for what reason do they tell you? with all that shit, are you sure that yours is still a mp3 source? get back to me....oh and as far as my mp3 source i think it mite be better then that holland show, which i cant believe...i put it in my boys home stereo, and like ya said "crispy as rice"...its so fucking butter actually...that follows me around, and pakt like sardines is sick....i could go on and on and on....fill in the blanks about this "info" beardo...

"im not living, im just killing time"

-roE

mine is not mp3 its from DAT

the only help i can give you with the source info is this

DAUD/FOB = digital audio (dat) front of board (sound board)

Schoeps mk4(ortf) = type of mic (the best)

->kc5 actives->cmc5->Sonosax SX-M2 (+30dB)->SBM-1->D7@44.1kHz = wiring and DAT deck info, which i know nothing about.

Conversion: Tascam DA-20 > Apogee Coax > Digigram VX/Pocket > Soundforge 5.0 (Fade in/outs) > CD Wave > mkwACT v0.97

(shn files have seek tables appended)

**No DAE or resampling at all** = wiring and programs used to edit in fades and convert it to SHN file

positive criteria met:

Tracking- OK (track breaks)

Seamless and complete- OK (no skips between tracks)

Lineage listed- OK (?)

negative criteria met:

DAE- NO (?)

Resampled- NO (?)

Diginoise- NO (pops, clicks, etc)

if your copy sounds as good or better than the holland show, yours kills my copy sound quality wise, probably had some editing done to it. id like to hear yours and compare. i'll make you a copy of mine if you make me one of yours.

serious traders keep track of all thier source info. (i dont care) some people will get a show a few times looking for the best copy, the source info is a good indicator of how it sounds. also, people prefer the sound of different mics, etc. blah blah blah

Guest piercedheart

i'm REALLY into radiohead too but i don't understand a lot of the shit you guys are talking about. you gotta let a brother in man. i know you guys got bootlegs, what do you want for em???

if i had a burner, id hook you up piercedheart.

i was at FYE the other day and saw some compilation of different djs doing radiohead songs.. whats the story on that? im not going to get it unless i hear good things about it. djs have a tendency to ruin songs more than make them better.

its nov5 is that 'i might be wrong' ep out!!!???

i got that nov 5 date off of followmearound.com. i went to a mom and pop on lunch and the dude was less than helpfull and i didnt see it on the shelves either. i'll try a couple more places on the way home. thanks for looking that up.

you must be DLing it as i type this if its on that ftp site.. bastard.. let me know how it is

hahahaha...nah, i decided that id wait...i wanna rock that shit fresh...brand new sounds...i dont wanna fuck with the mp3s...patience is a virtue im working on....as far as your nov5, yeah its what i posted prevoiusly and whta green plastic had, but i think i remember hearing that they bumped it back...lemme know what ya come across...

Guest serpent of the light

now maybe its just me being too lazy to read all the previous posts, but doesn't radio head come off as one of those bands that "intellectual" kids who are really morons listen to?? like tool.

i like both bands, but thats how they strike me

i'm going to bed you punk ass motherfuckers.

xxx303

serpent take beardos advice dipshit and goto bed....geesh...i mean could you come off like anymore of the moron you are chastising...please stop buying both bands albums...and i guess thats what you were saying the other night beards but i took it more from a superiority and musical snob level (such as jazz afficianados) then one of intellect...but yes serpent if you gave limp biscuit fans and radiohead fans an IQ test, we will kick the shit outta of them everytime....why you seem to make sweeping generalizations that just because youre an idiot and listen to tool and radiohead that makes all of us ones is beyond me, and well quite franlky we are sick an tired of our averages being brought down by special ed heads like yourself....mutha fucka....

now switch of vibes, since i like to try and be positive, beards that flick put a shit grin on my face from ear to ear....can NOT wait...five days muchacho....im like a kid waiting for the candy/comic book store to open....

rOe

the intellectual superior radiohead listener, so you can eat me:rolleyes:

"i was at FYE the other day and saw some compilation of different djs doing radiohead songs.. whats the story on that? im not going to get it unless i hear good things about it. djs have a tendency to ruin songs more than make them better. "-beardo

forgot to answer this...its a hit or miss...i havent heard it, but the reviews are mixed...ill see if i can find it online...basically if you see it in a used bin, buy it, but i wouldnt drop the whole cost of a cd...

rOe-ski

Archived