The 3D pages.

NOUM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You ever hear of 3 point lighting? PointLight-Real.jpg Its always a good idea to determine a light source and use that as your basis, a simple trick is just to look at objects around you and the way light affects them typically like a still life. I tend to treat my 3ds like characters that way i think 3 dimensionally from the start. I started to mess with your sketch: xer.jpg

Yeah... the problem with the sketch is that the shading doesn't do anything to establish that the object occupies space. The whole purpose of shading is to show that shadows fall upon places that would create the illusion of depth.

You look like you just scribbled some shading in to do it and that's bad.

Sorry... not trying to be mean.

Yeah... the problem with the sketch is that the shading doesn't do anything to establish that the object occupies space. The whole purpose of shading is to show that shadows fall upon places that would create the illusion of depth.

You look like you just scribbled some shading in to do it and that's bad.

Sorry... not trying to be mean.

dude thats awesome advice...u werent mean..

Not starting shit but does Hecz know you robbed his entire piece?

if you're refering to his style in general:

there might be some similarity in the H, the way the sides of it are angled, but other than that dont really see it. didn't have hecz in mind at all when i was doing it, sorry. its a simple blockletter 3d. styles dont vary to much when you do something like that

not to mention.....

for comparison

IMG_0132.jpg

If you're refering to a specific peice:

post it up so i can see the similaities.

if anything i'd say it looks like i bit wriot. haha;)

(ps bump the hecz)

Not starting shit but does Hecz know you robbed his entire piece?

phok's my boy... and yeah, the only similarity is the h but many would say my H resembles DAIM's (A) because of how it bends, and I would have to agree since DaiM was pretty much my source of insp. when i started to venture in the 3 d direction.

either way dosa...thanx for looking out homie.

phok's my boy... and yeah, the only similarity is the h but many would say my H resembles DAIM's (A) because of how it bends, and I would have to agree since DaiM was pretty much my source of insp. when i started to venture in the 3 d direction.

either way dosa...thanx for looking out homie.

Word... Like I said.. I wasn't trying to start shit...

31207 151.jpg - Sorry man, that is clearly a Toast bite. Biting aside, I like that you tried to create your own letters based on the 'T' and 'O'. When you do look at somebody for inspiration, try to get the 'feel' of their letters rather than the form. You do that and you'll be on the road to your own style in no time. Giddyup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived