The Bristol UK Thread

niso

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man falls from building after graffiti incident (Stokes Croft)

ADDED: 2/05/2007 9:18

A man is in a serious condition in hospital after falling from a derelict building in Stokes Croft.

The man, aged 24, was alleged to have been spraying graffiti on the Westmoreland House building at the junction of Stokes Croft and Ashley Road during the early hours of the morning yesterday (May 1).

Initially police were told the man was assaulted, but after further enquiries were made it was discovered that he had been spraying graffiti on a derelict building.

The man is thought to have fallen three or four floors and sustained very serious injuries.

His injuries include a broken back, a serious leg wound, head injury and internal injuries. He is currently in hospital and is expected to remain in hospital for some time.

Police have informed Bristol City Council of the incident and will be speaking to the man later today.

Police have reiterated that accessing derelict buildings is extremely dangerous and anyone doing so is risking their own life and that of others.

Chief Superintendent John Long said: "Police were recently criticised for deciding not to access the building to arrest two graffiti suspects.

"Officers are not routinely equipped to scale heights and operate on hazardous sites and it would only put officers and others in danger by attempting to do so in those circumstances.

"The unfortunate events yesterday where a man sustained serious injuries after falling within the building reiterates the danger it poses and the initial concerns.

"It is very likely that the trespassers appreciate these issues and the dangers faced by police in arresting them.

"However, police treat incidents of graffiti very seriously and have worked hard to identify offenders.

"In the last year police have detected almost 300 offences of graffiti in Bristol ('detected' is like a category within their monthly targets set by the government. it simply means they followed up a lead. it doesn't mean they prevented graffiti or arrested anyone - G FINGERS) In one particular initiative officers arrested a number of people for large scale graffiti.

"Police will continue to work with its partners to rid the city of the graffiti which can have a detrimental effect on communities and effect the quality of life of local residents."

Anyone who knows who is responsible for graffiti incidents should call Crimestoppers on 0800 IM-A-GRASS

that place is dangerous enough during the day, i can't believe that someone went there on their own in the middle of the night.

whatever, theres nothing you can type on 12oz that will help the situation. hope he makes a speedy recovery.

btown i be rateing your some of your posts but the bedmo flicks are stupid and it just makes you look like you dont care about what your taking flicks of ya get me blud clit praise jah

peace

btown i be rateing your some of your posts but the bedmo flicks are stupid and it just makes you look like you dont care about what your taking flicks of ya get me blud clit praise jah

peace

no, its cos they're actions, with faces in them.

I TEND TO WRITE WHEN IM FUCKING BLADDERED AND JUST WALK AROUND WITH A MOP WHICH SOMETIMES LEAVES ME COVERED IN PAINT AND I GET WELL PISSED OFF WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING WITH KRINK OR OTHER PAINT ON MY CLOTHES.

IVE FOUND THAT SURGICAL SPIRITS WHICH YOU CAN GET IN BOOTS GETS SHIT LIKE KRINK OFF EASY AS HELL AND IM SURE OTHERS IN THIS THREAD HAVE HAD THAT PROBLEM. DIDNT WANNA PUT IT IN "THE YARD" BECAUSE THEY ARE AN ABSOLUTE BUNCH OF DICKHEADS...

from hijackbristol.co.uk

Found this thread randomly. The guy who was injured is my housemate, none of you guys will know him. He fractured two vertabrae, broke a few ribs, punctured and flooded his lungs, smacked his head, sprained his ankle and gouged a hole in his leg. He fell 4 storeys (second to top floor) and landed at the bottom of an 8 foot deep pit, which he then managed to climb out of, and made it back home.

He has just had an operation on his back which went well, and it looks like all his injuries should heal. He shouldn't have any permanent damage.

If anyone is interested to see what he painted before he fell, it is in the centre of the "M" in the giant white "CM" on the top wall that faces up Glos. Rd towards the arches.

Archived