The Bristol UK Thread

niso

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mr.blezz wrighty wants a word...bristols never been at a point where it could fall of anything. there is a few real guys past and present who have/are out there holding it together whilst the rest of you gays think u can cat credit for what there doing and come on here like your part of the scene. u lot dun know. hold tight rodger.m's mum for last night.

Wrighty if you're doing graffiti to be part of a scene, or 'in the know', mr slashy's got some good advice for you too...

"bristols never been at a point where it could fall off anything."

:lol: thats a classic. couldn't agree more mate. big up to everyone out there enjoying themselves, but its hardly Brooklyn is it. always need to keep it in perspective..

mr.blezz wrighty wants a word...bristols never been at a point where it could fall of anything. there is a few real guys past and present who have/are out there holding it together whilst the rest of you gays think u can cat credit for what there doing and come on here like your part of the scene. u lot dun know. hold tight rodger.m's mum for last night.

yes wrighty i know your holding it down. your also the first one too make a constructive answer out of such a stupid statement.

big up Colin and his family, yes you Colin if your reading, we're all going to get you.

big up Colin and his family, yes you Colin if your reading, we're all going to get you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh fuck

colin's family??? are you a Yardie mate? how does it feel to be the only Yardie whos white, middle class and got a broadband connection?

shit they probably couldn't wait to set a soldier like you in the ranks

"Wrighty if you're doing graffiti to be part of a scene, or 'in the know', mr slashy's got some good advice for you too..."

sum1's gay. who says im doing graffiti, and who says im not the scene. dont chat like you know ,and being "in the know" comes from experience. ill do a mr slashy in your dads face

SOAPBOX: POLICE FARCE

1 reader has commented on this story. Click here to read their views.

10:40 - 25 April 2007

It is with deep regret that I must convey my story to Post readers with regards to the spiralling graffiti within our city.It has become apparent that the Westmoreland House and Carriage Works building has become a Mecca to the self-appointed modern artists of Bristol.

Early one recent morning, it was apparent that a group of youths were painting the side of the Westmoreland House white. Admittedly, at first I assumed that it was possibly a few youths doing their community service covering up old graffiti.

Much to my disappointment, it was revealed that they were enjoying leaving their own graffiti on a much grander scale.

The once graffiti-riddled building on Cheltenham Road has reached the ultimate in eyesore proportions with what can only be described as a childlike attempt at drawing a skull and a lizard-orientated creature approximately 30ft in height.

The shameless way that the youths undertook this act of vandalism with ladders and 15ft rollers prompted me to call the police.

I, along with other law-abiding citizens, considered it my sense of duty to catch these perpetrators and hopefully have them serve a punishment related to the removal of their artwork.

Unfortunately, after contacting the police on two occasions, I was contacted by the control room only to be told that they were unable to do anything.

Understandably, I was dumbfounded to hear a policeman tell me that it was unsafe to allow police officers into the building to catch these vandals in the act. Health and safety was their reason for their lack of action.

Frustrated on hearing that the best police force in the world could not be allowed to apprehend these vandals, after I composed myself, I requested that they wait for them to come down off the roof.

The response to this request was one of considerable apathy, as the officer proceeded to tell me this could take too long and they did not have the resources to carry out my request.

This whole episode brings home two important factors with regards to the local authorities in our city.

Firstly, I am unaware of how much the clean- up bill for graffiti within the city of Bristol is, but I guess it must run into millions.

With this in mind, the police capturing these vandals and serving them with just punishment would not only act as a deterrent, but also allow the vandals to remove their unwanted stain upon the city.

Secondly, it would be obvious to all who are reading this letter that if you want to commit the perfect crime, then the place to do it would be within Westmoreland House, as you can rest assured that you will not be disturbed by the world's finest law enforcers.

Bristol is not a city without its problems. However, if we cannot combat the most basic of crimes within the city, then this is nothing short of a dereliction of duty.

This apathy by the police and local authorities not only provides a breeding ground for advancement in crime, but is a reckless neglect of duty.

If the local authorities are finding that our nanny state is restricting our right to a respectable civilised society, then maybe they have found themselves in the wrong job.

Mr Hughes, Bristol.

Archived