The Bristol UK Thread

niso

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
R453V :

Bump 4 that last post rodger some nice old flicks in there

haha yeh just scraping the barrel of my flicks there, that vier is incidently from tollgate house (rip) and big wall is bris wasteground (rip) both will be sorely missed, that flik was stolen from jason... cheers!

haha yeh just scraping the barrel of my flicks there' date=' that vier is incidently from tollgate house (rip) and big wall is bris wasteground (rip) both will be sorely missed, that flik was stolen from jason... cheers![/quote']

Tollgate House was an eyesore I don't miss it one bit, not even from a writers perspective cos I only did it the once and it weren't really all that (14 flights of stairs no thanks) Same goes for that tower block in the centre they're pulling down too, 1970s eyesore.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/crylondon/orizdemzcaso.jpg

^ Anyone remember the toys that went over this? Cos I fucking don't! :lol:

Some oldschool stuff nicked off some geezers flickr again..

125716621_1c0f51b95b.jpg?v=0

From a series of postcards by Bristol artist Frank Drake from around 1983/84 (ish!)

Alledgedly one of the first (if not the first) proper graffiti "pieces" done in the UK. 3D (aka Robert Del Naja) was a member of The Wild Bunch who later evolved into Massive Attack.

125716620_ac39326d88.jpg?v=0

The Wild Bunch (including 3D - Robert del Naja) went on to evolve into Massive Attack.

125716619_c0121e8fde.jpg?v=0

125716618_d6ed6060de.jpg?v=0

Park Row 83/84

Whos them cheifs taking out the St Pats day wall?:shakehead: :shakehead:

reel your neck in mate, if that production was painted in London the background would have been bombed by toys within 24 hours, as it is it stayed completely untouched for a month, so count your blessings as they say...:cool:

massive attack isit, its a far cry from that video with that damn singing feetus.

nice post stiiiiiiiiilll...

haha. its all about 'Unfinished Sympathy', definitely my fave song of the 90s: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOWtHuQ4a-U

makes my hair stand on end, reminds me of girls I used to know, trainers I used to own in 1994 haha... love it.

and The Wild Bunch are legendary by the way, by all accounts they were the best soundsystem in the south outside of London. Proper Bristol hip hop pioneers, before 'Bristol hip hop' meant playing 50 Cent 'ironically' to students in the Thekla on a Tuesday night.:rolleyes:

"nang" post resav' date=' when u got them fliks behind blackswan, did u see the HENCH buff thats begun round there? nuff of it is getting buffed, shoud get round there and re claim it, cant buff that lane, its basicly legal... :mad:[/quote']

yeah i seen some of it like was wonderin what was up with that :confused:

Archived