STORES/BOUTIQUES WORLWIDE - HELP...

misteraven

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Toronto Hiphop Cultural Arts Centre

northeast corner of Dundas St. W and Annette

records, german montana, check them out if you go to the Junction area and then walk for 30 seconds up Annette for some eye candy, then do some exploring if you want to find even more eye candy.

<Click Here if you want a reason to feel good about supporting them

I'm going to NYC fairly soon and i would really appreciate if someone would list some more record stores that carry a good selection of hiphop vinyl and how to get there by subway. I would also like to know about stores that carry paint that covers well and has a range of colors for cheap, or what store carries montana for the cheapest. I'm only going to be there for a few days and I must spend my time and cash wisely so any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Winnipeg:

Being a tourist over here.. I have been to the Urban Bakery, but I am a bit disapointed.

1) the lack of spray paint colours

2) They only sell montana, no true colorz or belton or any other brand

3) They seem to be the monopoly for graffiti spray paint (montana) in Winnipeg, so they charge over $7 a can and they wont include a tip with it... so you're spending an extra 50 cents for one of those black outlines.

I recomend canadian tire for krylon, armor coat, but mainly tremclad.

second i would recomend walmart for the color vizion, krylon, and what ever else that is cheaper then 7-8 bucks a can.

Props to the Winnipeg locals, I like some of what I've been seeing...

Mew3 FB PBW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If your ever in the Gainesville area of Florida (Florida Gators Land) there is this killer store on university dr. called Smoke. They got a bit of everything in there from skate decks & supplies to piercing jewlery to quality cigars. And there is most always some nice graff out back. I dont know the # or address though. Sorry

• 4 months later...

swift_shop_06.jpg

swift_shop_01.jpg

swift_shop_03.jpg

swift_shop_10.jpg

from germany

http://www.swiftrockshop.de

Name, Location, Crew affiliation, Year i began Breakin'

Boris "Swift Rock" Leptin, Kiel (North Germany), "Battle Squad", "Enorm in Form", 1983

First time i‘ve seen Breakin.

The first time I really saw b-boyin‘ was a documentary on TV. The programm showed Graffiti and B-Boyin‘ in NY, the Rock Steady Crew in its old original cast, how they were breakin‘ and doin‘ their footwork at the basketball court! My Dad saw it on TV and called me to check it out. He thought I would go crazy for it. But I didn‘t really register what was going on there, and I just forgot about it. I realized a little later when I saw other Dancers on other TV-Shows what was going on, then I knew what they were doing and thought I want to do that, too!

How the scene was like in Germany when i first started

At the time when I started, it was like almost everybody was breakdancin‘ or had somethin‘ to do with Hip Hop, for every type of person. Hip Hop had something to offer. If it was writin‘, Mcin‘, Djin‘, Beatboxin‘ or just b-boyin‘ (b-girlin‘), Popin‘, Lockin‘! Since it was a fresh trend from the USA that came over here, and most of them were just bad, or tried to do it well, but the people were bored with it real fast. They saw just novice dancers, it was an overflow on bad niveau.1985 was whe the whole thing disappeared. Only a few in each city kept going, but they thought they would be the only dancers left in Germany.

My influences, inspirations!

There are to many people and things to list all of them, but here‘s a couple of people I want to mention who played a major part in all of the this:

In the beginnin‘ the Rock Steady Crew (from the SixStep to Headspin I got from Crazy Legs) But only watched him on TV. He has the nicest Six Step I know. Then Prince Ken Swift in Wildstyle, how he is on the PVC in the Park doin‘ Poprocks and the footwork and the footwork in the whole Movie inspired and rocked me. NYCity Breakers for powermoves (the ones who stand out Pex, Little Lep, Ice-Ice) and the Dynamic Rockers.

Later on it was Maurizio, Emilio from Italy, I got to know them back in 1986 that‘s how they became members of the "Battle Squad". Brian from Manchester Street Machine (England) he became my Mentor for Top-Rock and footwork. Also Paulo, he was in 1985 doing Flair Airtwists and Flair Stand still in the Air without touching ground and changed directions. He has a Handycap in his leg, that‘s why he specialized more in Powermoves. He moved everything away. I always think about it when I was injured on my leg, to hold my leg still and just practice wolf, turtles, flairs, 90s were I don‘t have to bend my knee.

Orko I‘ve seen on the Olympics on TV and tried to turn like himÉ Like Little Alex from New York City Breakers at the Reagan-Appearance in white.

Around 1988 the French like Aktuel Force or Paris City Breakers their elegant style of dancing, and how they did their Steps in a total different manner.

That influenced me. The Swiss, Frank whom he and I brought this crew to Live in 1989 or Zed who‘s down with the Spartanic Rockers. His Steps were wicked. The Throw Down Rockers from Sweden Second 2 None from England. And of course the people who were there from the start. The Rock Steady Crew when I met them in NY. Because of the "RSC" I started to dance.

The man who made it all possible who showed us around and introduced us to the people, and dragged you to every practice spot in NY to show them that B-Boys in Europe are present, was Quickstep. He never really quit to dance, and damn you could tell. Elbowtracks and Donuts just nice.

Fabel, who answered like a Hip Hop Teacher all our questions we had, and those were not just a few. We had to catch up on a lot of things.

And of course Storm, we always pushed and inspired each other. There‘s not a place or space were we didn‘t practice or danced.

As I said it‘s so many and there‘s always new ones, I probably forgot some of them SORRY!!!

How i do get my name, "Swift Rock"

When I started I was little and fast. That‘s why the people called me "Swifty". Later on as I got older and grew a bit more I just took the "Y" of Swift. Because it just didn‘t go along with me any more. Then ZEB-Rocksky started to call me "Swift la Rock" To That time T-La Rock was out. Later on I made out of the name "Swift Rock"

My style of dance.

I think others could be describin‘ that better than me. I can only explain what‘s important for me and what I look for. For me the movement, that it all goes smoothly into each other. And it has to have harmony. That‘s important. I have to feel good about it not just looking cool but to really feel that move. I don‘t like small Steps or moves all the time, or moves and in between you throw in a Toprock. That only works when you can‘t connect it into all the other things. It only works once in a while. I try to do Steps and combine them with Powermoves. Just to show that every thing fits well together. To give the Powermoves and Steps my own little twist. Only then you develop new things and help to further more the cause.

About Battle Squad.

1989 I travelled to Switzerland to check out the scene. I met Frank there, who had that whole B-Boy-Flavor down. But he wasn‘t motivated since there are not many dancers who really were committed. And I thought it would be sad if he would quit just because of that. So I said to him, let‘s form a Crew who goes to every Jam and battle all the breakers who are there. It wasn‘t to make us look cool or anything. It was just at that time there were only a few breakers around anyway. It was more to get to know each other better. The battles were mostly friendly and respectful. It was just to check out the other breakers. And what‘s better way then a battle? Some people gave you props for your moves, others just dissed you. No Matter what moves you were bringin‘. Everythin‘ to them was dirt. You could judge right away the persons attitude thru that. The core of the crew were more like that some of them quit and then they did not quit. That was quite stressful Storm came to the crew right after we were a crew. Before I was dancin‘ in Storms crew "The Unique Rockers". Then there was Maurizio and Emilio with that combination, us four, we wanted to show that we exist! B-Boyin‘ in Europe is still alive! We did that till we came to New York in 1991. Since then every thing got weird. Maurizio went to the Rock Steady Crew and from that point on we were only three guess it shouldn‘t be! Later Storms little brother "Speedy" joined the group. Since he was always hanging around with us and was on the same page as us, and... yeah... he was and is still burnin‘!!! The contact with Emilio got lost. I don‘t want to go any further. Personally it‘s really sad, since I valued him as friend and as dancer anyway!

Some of the best battles I‘ve ever seen!

That was 1986 in Italy. I just met Maurizio, Emilio, Paulo and many more. That was a official Dancecompetition. Worldwide representation. Well that night was practice and there came this group who looked like wicked street breakers and wanted to battle everybody who was gonna enter that contest. Everyone stopped practicin‘ and every dancer got into the middle of the hall and started to battle. This was a masacar, because they didn‘t think that there would be any good dancers! Paulo came to the circle and he had a backpack on. He was pulled into the circle without even taken of his backpack. He did a wicked combo and rocked it!! The battle was on and it went on. The level people were puttin‘ on in Europe to this time, was high. Because people were doin‘ - except multiple Twists one after the other- just everything. After the battle, it equalled itself out, we started to practice together. Everywhere in the city, people were dancing. Just like in every Hip Hop cliche movie. That was the most wicked thing I‘ve ever experienced. After that I really started to practice and learned the most.

One of the most memorable battle I have ever been in!

That was usually at the small parties they just happened. To many to list. But one was sticking in my mind: it was the original "Battle Squad" we were at this Party in Switzerland in 1988. We wanted to battle these French but at the time I injured my knee. I didn‘t think that the French would come out that strong. If I had known that I would not have entered the battle. But too late! They were bustin‘out moves left and right. I just thought: "Don‘t fuck up!" Hopefully it works out! In the End we got away good. It was around the time were we did not know each other that well or not at all. That was funny and interesting in that time. You had no plan, what would the other crew come out with. Today you know everbody from the videos alone.

What got Me to start the Hip Hop store business!

From 1990 to 1997 I just lived of dancing, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Had of course every Injury you can think of but I never thought I would have to stop because of it. Anyway the injuries got worse and I had to take off because of it more and more time. Till the day I had the problem with my spine and backÉ it broke off and stabbed into my right leg which paralized my leg. I was in fuckin‘pain, I couldn‘t do shit. It all happened in Japan with Storm and Vartan. Also with us were Easy Roc, Ivan, KwikStep. I thought it was just a pinched nerve but it got to worse. I went to see the doc and he told me that my spine slipped and I would never could dance again! I did for half a year intensive back exercises and (thank god) it got better and as you can see: I still rock these days!!! Well, it came about the Shop because there was no Hip Hop shop in my city. Since then I had knowledge about Hip Hop, and had all the connections. I just opened up a shop with the help of Backspin. We also opened up a second shop shortly but in a different city. Then came the weak economy in Germany and after 5 years we were confronted to close down the shop because shit loads of other hip hop stores opened up in better locations and bigger places. Now i got the Swift Rock Online Store wat i run by my self....... The good thing is I have more time to dance.

Some other European B-boy pioneers that kids should know about today!

In Germany I Would say the Dynamic Freezing Crew from Berlin in 1984 they rocked it. Then Universal Movements from Frankfurt. The Paris City Breakers and Aktuel Force from France. (Most of the Aktuel Froce Dance to this day) Manchester Street Machine, London All Stars, Broken Glass Crew from England, those are Crews I know of that rocked on a level in 1984 that was internationally fresh, and the influenced a lot of European Breakers. I‘m sure they were more Breakin Crews which I don‘t know and thatÕs why their not mentioned!

About Rocking today!

Half a year later I started again after the back injury. Shortly after that I did shows again. Small ones. Then later theatre stories with the Battle Squad, it was like 30 minute Spots. Thru the shop I had not a set schedual to practice, and I couldn‘t go on tour for a longer time, so I practiced less and did not enter so many shows. Now it is like I take time again to practice. I‘m happy that now almost everyday and feel good about it.

"Swift Rock"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

600686769_l.jpg

Armory Hip Hop Shop

630 9th Ave

San Diego Calif 92101

619-238-8151

open 7 days a week

12pm-8pm Monday-Saturday

12pm-6pm on Sunday

http://www.ArmoryHipHop.com

Carry Streetwear with the likes of Tribal Gear, Scifen, Dyse Designs, Fabricali, LRG, Mixwell, ESDJco, Militree, Keep Diggin, Milcrate Athletics, Akomplice, Exact Science, Represent and many more...

Also "Art Supplies" such as MTN Cans, Belton Molotov, Streakers, Flowpens, Tips, and much more...

also the best in Bboy, Graff, DJ, MC DVD's and Videos and CD's and Mix Cd's from the best out there...

also we have another store getting ready to be open in a month or so in Pacific Beach mainly Streetwear with a splash of the other stuff we got in our main shop indowntown...

peace

CROS1

• 1 month later...

european hip hop-graffiti related stores:

Mad Flavor Germany, Berlin, Krummerstr. 58

Fame City Germany, Berlin, Samariterstr. 5

Supersonic Germany, Berlin, Gleimstr. 19

Hiphop Store Germany, Köln Pfeilstr. 16

Hiphop Store Germany, Hamburg Schauenburgerstr. 4

The Flame Germany, Heidelberg Plöck. 91

Bombers Germany Dresden Louisenstr. 8

Supreme Germany Dresden Alrunstr. 55

Myighty Weeny Germany Munchen Unknown [skicka info]

Skills Germany Lahr Friedrichstr. 23

Linea Spain Palma'de Mallorca Ample de'la merce. 15

Bunker Spain Barcelona Con sell de cent. 266

Allstars Spain Barcelona Tallers. 78

Triburbana Spain Madrid Bordadores. 6

World Wide Shop Spain Madrid La estrella. 4

Suburban Spain Sevella San rogue. 5

Child Store Sweden Göteborg Berzeliigatan. 5 (inside prostuff)

Highlights Sweden Stockholm Östgötagatan. 16 (T-Medborgarplatsen)

Homeboy Store Sweden Stockholm

Gamla brogatan. 32 /hantverkargatan 18-20

Impala Sweden Malmö Regementsg. 6, 211 42 MALMÖ

Boardhouse Finland Helsinki Laivurinkatu. 41

Undaground Denmark Copenhagen Kattesundet. 12 (ströget)

2wear Denmark Copenhagen N Elmegade 23, DK-2200

Vennemindevejs Farvehandel Denmark Copenhagen Ö Vennemindevej 38

Xtreme Denmark Odense C Vindegade 73

Køgevejens Farvehandel Denmark Hvidovre Gammel Køge Landevej 270

Tegnecenteret Denmark Copenhagen K St. Kongensgade 21

Fresh Store Denmark Århus C Guldsmedgade 36

Drop Dead Denmark Copenhagen Studiestræde 35

Drop Dead Denmark Roskilde Algade 46

Drop Dead Denmark Fredrikssund Jernbanegade 31

Fresh Connections Denmark Copenhagen sankt pederstrade 23

Syndicate Finland Helsinki (helsingfors) Kauppakeskus Kluuvi, 2. kerros

Syndicate Finland Lahti(Lahtis) Aleksanterinkatu 10

• 1 month later...

one of my good freinds runs this store.....

BODEGA

6 Clearway Street

Boston, MA 02115

TEL #: 617-421-1550

http://www.bdgastore.com/

what it looks like in the front:

bodega_boston_001.jpg

bodega_boston_003.jpg

bodega_boston_005.jpg

but head through the secret entrence to the back, and this is what you'll find:

bodega_boston_006.jpg

bodega_boston_007.jpg

bodega_boston_008.jpg

is this the coolest concept for a shoe store on the planet? i think so.

photo source

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anyone have the contact information (website, email, phone #) for the these stores?

"Child Store Sweden Göteborg Berzeliigatan. 5 (inside prostuff)

Highlights Sweden Stockholm Östgötagatan. 16 (T-Medborgarplatsen)

Homeboy Store Sweden Stockholm

Gamla brogatan. 32 /hantverkargatan 18-20

Impala Sweden Malmö Regementsg. 6, 211 42 MALMÖ

Boardhouse Finland Helsinki Laivurinkatu. 41

Undaground Denmark Copenhagen Kattesundet. 12 (ströget)

2wear Denmark Copenhagen N Elmegade 23, DK-2200

Vennemindevejs Farvehandel Denmark Copenhagen Ö Vennemindevej 38

Xtreme Denmark Odense C Vindegade 73

Køgevejens Farvehandel Denmark Hvidovre Gammel Køge Landevej 270

Tegnecenteret Denmark Copenhagen K St. Kongensgade 21

Fresh Store Denmark Århus C Guldsmedgade 36

Drop Dead Denmark Copenhagen Studiestræde 35

Drop Dead Denmark Roskilde Algade 46

Drop Dead Denmark Fredrikssund Jernbanegade 31

Fresh Connections Denmark Copenhagen sankt pederstrade 23"

0.43511600%201179933758-Image00056.jpg

1179933736-Image00052.jpg

1179933736-Image00051.jpg

1179933736-Image00046.jpg

1179933736-Image00047.jpg

1179933736-Image00048.jpg

1179933736-Image00049.jpg

1179933736-Image00050.jpg

1179933736-Image00053.jpg

1179933736-Image00055.jpg

writer,streetwear clothing store located in the heart of copenhagen,denmark,europe

Copenhagen Streetwear

Vesterbrogade 71

1620 København V

Tlf. 33 31 51 04

http://www.cph-streetwear.dk

info@cph-streetwear.dk

take left side outside central station,walk 10min,they are always opening on time! 11 oclock sharp! everyday untill 18 oclock!

carry MOLOTOW beltons and MONTANA hard core spain(good prices!)markers and caps;)

creditcards welcome!!

0.71613500%201179934292-Image00023.jpg

1179934253-Image00030.jpg

1179934252-Image00024.jpg

1179934252-Image00025.jpg

1179934253-Image00026.jpg

1179934253-Image00027.jpg

1179934253-Image00028.jpg

1179934253-Image00029.jpg

1179934253-Image00033.jpg

Copenhagen Streetwear

Larsbjørnsstræde 8

1454, København K

copenhagen

denmark

europe

Tlf. +45 33 91 33 04

Butiksinfo:

Man-fre: 11-18

Lør: 11-16

http://www.cph-streetwear.dk

Copenhagen Streetwear i Larsbjørnsstræde præsenterer streetwear til hiphopfolket med old school scratching i højttalerne....

Hvis du er stor P. Diddy-fan, ved du det allerede. Som de eneste butikker i centrum kommer Copenhagen Streetwear-kæden og i dette tilfælde butikken i Larsbjørnsstræde til at forhandle Diddys Sean John, når tøjmærket får premiere i Danmark til august. Det bliver fejret med et par konkurrencer, så kig forbi butikken og prøv lykken. Men Copenhagen Streetwear er meget mere end Diddy. De har Rocawear, Phat Farm, G-Unit og det store røde næsehorn fra Ecko, og Ecko er da også noget af det, der bliver solgt mest af. AOKs udsendte faldt for en serie af hoodies i vilde farver, der er ret pimpet på en overskuds-kreativagtig måde.

Butikken flasher en diskokugle og er med blunt wraps - smoker's choice - og Old English Beer bag disken den fulde pakke. Hiphopkultur til salg til pimps, der varmer op til braget i Forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived