Official Battle Thread

StarzAbove

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

just make the battle "12 Oz" or "12 Ounce" or "Prophet" something along those lines. something random enough so we know it's not something in someone's photo album you feel me? i'm fairly new to the forum so i'm just assuming those words/phrases haven't been used in previous battles. my concern is backgrounds and characters. i'm a lettering guy...i can't speak for anyone else...but that automatically fucks me over. i think it should definitely have a decided color scheme....everyone rocking the same colors..let's see what we all are made of with the same tools.

i think criteria should be:

1: Chosen word

2: Chosen color scheme (maybe? i think that would be interesting)

3: Cleanliness of piece

4: Technicality/Style (obviously)

5: Char/Background optional - that's just my personal opinion though

6: Earlier deadline to submit sketch (nothing fancy, black and white will do just fine)

7: Sketch vs Finished Piece.

youre all forgetting one very important element.

legality or lackthereof.

how are we to distinguish if you got down in some legal wall jam and spent 8 hours on your piece or you pulled some ill illegal shit off in half an hour?

if someone can answer on how this is effectively gonna be judged in an impartial manner id consider hopping in.

but i will be painting a freight for it, meaning i dont want to go against some kid spraypainting a piece of plywood in his parents garage.

If it is a chosen word or theme battle, count me in.

Let's settle on a word or theme, there doesn't need to be a dozen rules to this.

This about sums it up. This battle is gonna be like every other battle on here but with paint.

The word is GOES, and the theme is toxic waste. Characters and background optional. ALL ENTRIES DUE BY MONDAY MAY 10TH.

Mek, care to battle with the word BATTLE?

Painted, characters, all that jazz.

Deadline monday maybe?

I'm down but i won't be able to by monday. Painting a production in the BX on saturday and I gotta finish a production up that i started last weekend on sunday....then i'm doing a production the following weekend too. Once warm weather hits I'm always out...why don't you come out my way and we battle in person?

• 2 weeks later...