Northwest Superthread II(without crappy flicks)

RATT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 58.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshu

• BRYSO DISCO

• buckbang

• oe800

I know ouch. What dues has he paid?!?!

um... hella nice clean pieces illegally all the time? i don't think being grimey is for everyone, and you don't have to purposely put yourself in a bad situation to be a good writer.. being street by choice doesn't always make your graff good.

i give ouch double props for not being in the mix like alot of cats.. he holds his shit down in a city of haters that don;t fuck with him cuz he's not trying to kick it in the "scene:.. shit, good for him!

fuck being grimey. get yourself a nice ass car, wife, place to live. come up! get yourself a stash of paint, stay out of jail, be a writer no one has met.. that shit would be the best way to do it..

there is alot of confusion in this city about what makes a good writer.. it has nothing to do with how you live, it's about what you paint, in my opinion..

shit should be judged on it's visual merit, not how much of a loser the writer became while writing.

most of the people who think they are grimey dope writers spend so much time getting high and "keeping it real" they don;t paint, can't paint clean, and can;t get their own supplies to paint everyday like ouch.

money on adek saying it's not a bite either..

seattle graf needs youth councelors to explain to the writers that they will go farther in the game concentrating on what they paint instead of what their homies see in them.

get passports. save scrilla.. travel and paint and get inspired.. there is more to life than westlake.

This is pretty much dead on

um... hella nice clean pieces illegally all the time? i don't think being grimey is for everyone, and you don't have to purposely put yourself in a bad situation to be a good writer.. being street by choice doesn't always make your graff good.

i give ouch double props for not being in the mix like alot of cats.. he holds his shit down in a city of haters that don;t fuck with him cuz he's not trying to kick it in the "scene:.. shit, good for him!

fuck being grimey. get yourself a nice ass car, wife, place to live. come up! get yourself a stash of paint, stay out of jail, be a writer no one has met.. that shit would be the best way to do it..

there is alot of confusion in this city about what makes a good writer.. it has nothing to do with how you live, it's about what you paint, in my opinion..

shit should be judged on it's visual merit, not how much of a loser the writer became while writing.

most of the people who think they are grimey dope writers spend so much time getting high and "keeping it real" they don;t paint, can't paint clean, and can;t get their own supplies to paint everyday like ouch.

money on adek saying it's not a bite either..

seattle graf needs youth councelors to explain to the writers that they will go farther in the game concentrating on what they paint instead of what their homies see in them.

get passports. save scrilla.. travel and paint and get inspired.. there is more to life than westlake.

what are paying dues? getting grimey with the 3a klick? getting a std ? going nowwhere in life but down? I choose up

i dunno man, all due respect, but i know paying dues isn't gossiping about cats online. Do you see where you went past the line with your comment? Putting cats on front street about shit like stds, and shit is high school female shit dude.. This kind of haterism doesn't make 3a look bad, it makes you look mad petty.. and makes us all wonder about your motivation to spread gossip like that.. here you are trying to drop some knowledge about what TO DO, but you are knee-deep in what NOT TO DO.

Seattle's biggest problems are -

1. cats not painting.

2. tag banging freight spots until they are burned.

3. feminine bickering and lying about people being snitches over some personal/12oz drama that could be solved in 2 seconds if people would act adult and man-up. all around un-professional behavior. cats need to learn to handle their problems without dragging their people into it. no one seems to ever stand alone even in the pettiest dispute. i say this as an outsider looking into this scene. i ain't from here, and i ain't staying.. i don't have any investment in this scene, so it's up to the locals to get shit popping in a professional way.. until then all the local talent will flee down to the 'sco, nyc, or even portland has it popping off.. and pdx used to look to seattle!

4. everyone knowing everyone else's biz. writers shouldn't be so familiar.. i know it's interesting to know the back story behind everything that happens at last weeks party.. but it's killing the mystique. the biggest let down ever is when you meet the writer who you thought was good, and it turns out they are a fucking idiot.

there are plenty of cats in 3a that fit the criterea of what i said. I think alot of people don't quite get that there are people in 3a who are doing shit with themselves.. in school, traveling, having art shows, starting businesses.. etc..

people like to paint a picture of 3a, but that crew has alot of different kinds of cats in it.. Herbs11, NRG, and Krucks are some 3a members that are doing well for themselves.. but it's easy to simplify things down to a level where shit talking and haterism flow off the sea-town tongue like vomit.

As much as people for their own personal reasons try to pigeon-hole 3a as losers, they keep the buff busy, and it is in all our interest that people bomb the streets the way they do.. 3a keeps the graff in the public eye.. not to many seattle writers can say that about themselves..

and when i say graff in the public eye i mean graffiti.. which by definition is illegal.

i would rather see 14 eager tags or a ghoul or zeb tag that takes up a whole wall that whatever is running on the redmond legal wall. I find it hilareous that it was BTM who got that wall built in the first place (because they were bombing redmond so much on the way to punk shows at the redmond firehouse ) and now they don't touch it at all.

Without the people hitting up those tags people look down there noses at.. there would be no liquor store legals, no redmond wall.. nuthin'. lots of these "writers" who spend hour upon hour teching out at a legal wall don't even know it's kids like 3a that make their alternative lifestyle (no homo) possible..

all i'm sayin is that alot of us young 3A cats have been through alot. as far as putting ourselfs in bad situations.. thats what you do when youre young.. you fuck up. and we have paid dearly for that. we have lost alot. fucked our lives up.. looking up to the older cats.

graffiti has become our lives and with the good comes the bad. im not hating on the cats that keep it clean.. i'm trying to get my shit together. but the way of life that we live/d has shaped our graffiti. thats just us. we been through some rough shit. not saying you havnt. but i call that paying dues. thats just me though.