THE HAWAII THREAD(paper version)

ANEL*PS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by .808ph8.@Jan 7 2006, 06:00 AM

first time i met bies he started doing this crazy wildstyle piece in my book then right before he finished it he straight ripped it out and crumpled it! and futura thinks im bies.

goodtimes indeed

ha malarky! he said the piece was looking stupid so he didnt want it to exist anymore. besides, everyone knows the dope peices come out when he brings it home with him. his lil brother draws the pieces and bies takes the credit. Who the fuck is Bies anyway?

Originally posted by goodtimes105+Jan 7 2006, 06:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goodtimes105 - Jan 7 2006, 06:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-.808ph8.@Jan 7 2006, 06:00 AM

first time i met bies he started doing this crazy wildstyle piece in my book then right before he finished it he straight ripped it out and crumpled it!  and futura thinks im bies.

goodtimes indeed

ha malarky! he said the piece was looking stupid so he didnt want it to exist anymore. besides, everyone knows the dope peices come out when he brings it home with him. his lil brother draws the pieces and bies takes the credit. Who the fuck is Bies anyway?

[/b]

i swear its the truth ^^^^

i seen his little brother hes like 7 and he does each piece in like 5 minutes

its incredible!!!!!!!

once he' hits four feet tall hes gonna be a killer :hatred:

if you kids really want to support the cause, you can go hide in a cave for 4 years with a sketchbook and nothing but black pens. That way you can just come out of left field and surprise everyone rather than force ugly shit onto everyone like every other kid from your school

one thing i'm noticing with a lot of these is just a lack of letter structure. i could say the same shit that everybody does "start with straightletters and work your way up to harder shit" but there's a lot more to it than that. if you're a beginner, the best advice i can give is to keep the width of your bars consistent and draw them all the way through. if you don't know, a bar is one part of the letter--like a capital A or H is three bars that make up the letter. even if the next letter is going to cover part of the last letter, draw the letter all the way through anyways (real light in pencil then just erase it later, or on a wall you do it in your fill color) so it makes sense. that way you don't have letters overlapping in ways that look retarded. i hope the way i'm describing it makes some kind of sense. you need to think about balancing every bar on the letter and every letter in the piece. a lot of dudes in hawaii are on some super new school shit with all the bars crazy different widths and lots of extensions and whatnot. that's cool, but if you try to rock pieces like that without understanding letter structure first then it looks toy as fuck. so basically---keep it simple, don't try to bite a more complex style that you aren't ready for. sorry if i'm rambling on i'm just trying to be helpful. when i can get to a scanner i'll post some of my own shit so it doesn't seem like i'm just on here running my mouth without putting my own sketches out there.

good advice,

panicxatack feel free to just not use color at this point, and make sure all your highlights are consistent. unless thats what you're going for. rival does it a weird way that doesnt make sense to me but it always comes out dope so it doesnt matter. if we are going to talk about sketching bars on the wall we might as well talk about guidelines

271250596_l.jpg

the bars he was talking about

guidelines on the wall are lines you use to make sure your piece is consistent by making it all the same height of the lines, on bricks for example when they are used to make a wall there will be long straight lines that are the top and bottom of the bricks, use them.

rewt_911_1.jpg

see the lines on the wall? thats what im talking about.

for hawaii, letter structure and alot of other stuff came later in the game, its relatively new to hawaii, i dont have good letter structure yet or even moderately good and ive been painting for about a year so you new cats in the game need to keep your head up and keep at it. its alot of hard work and it takes a long time but hard works pays off. thats my $.02

Archived