Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

anyone in the 206 area with a serious paint collection, please hit me up. I've come into a bunch of old cans since my dad passed. he would have wanted them to go to someone who would really be excited by these cans, as he was excited about old stuff all the time.

hit me with a PM if you know someone who is deserving & in the area.

thanks,

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HERE IS THE LINK.................

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/davesk...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Maaaaaaaaan!!!

1937?!?!?!?

I thought spraycans were first commercialized in 1946 by Plastikote?

That is correct... The can does say copyright 1937 BUT you can clearly see the picture of the car on the side of the can is a 50's style car and there is NO WAY they would have a car that looked like that on a spray paint can in 1937 because cause looked totally different in 37. My guess is that 1937 is when the company was born not when this can was produced!!!!

322406584_o.jpg

322406660_o.jpg

E--U 2 MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN OR I THINK WE HAVE A GHOST BIDDER PUSHING UP CANS AGAIN HE STARTED PUSHING UP BIDS ON THE LAST LOT ON EBAY NO FEEDBACKLEFT BY EACHOTHER (A 2 FEEDBACK BIDDER NEW TO EBAY BUYING VINTAGE SPRAY CANS WHEN THE VALUE IS DOWN COME ON ,PROVE ME WRONG E--U (2)

E--U 2 MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN OR I THINK WE HAVE A GHOST BIDDER PUSHING UP CANS AGAIN HE STARTED PUSHING UP BIDS ON THE LAST LOT ON EBAY NO FEEDBACKLEFT BY EACHOTHER (A 2 FEEDBACK BIDDER NEW TO EBAY BUYING VINTAGE SPRAY CANS WHEN THE VALUE IS DOWN COME ON ,PROVE ME WRONG E--U (2)

its called shill bidding, sometime people do this to ''up'' a auction so someone that REALLY wants that item will pay more or if your worried you might loose it for less than you wanted it to go for.

so when your bidding on a item or having a bidding war you might just be bidding against that dudes freind and if he wins he dosent pay for it and it ussly winds back up on ebay

this always happens in auction houses, a few people will go in and not look like they are together and place bids on a item, someone that sees alot of people fighting for this item will sometimes think it is worth more than they think, and they end up bidding over bored becuase of ''shill'' bidding or a fake hype.

and when you got stuipd rich people buying stuff just to brag they own it, they are deff gunna want something that they see others wanting, just so they can say. ''i own this''

but in reality they own a over priced paid for item, sometimes even junk or a fake

wisetuxedo-

i dont have any info on that can, but for a dollar its a good buy/find

engine / car paint came in a million different brands some being more popular and known than others.

their isnt that much of a huge market for them but they are awesome to collect because just like yours the lables are always wacky and weird

GM Green. Engine enamel is usually pretty thick, and that is a pretty dope color, don't think its that old, a good user if you ask me.

As for the auctions, why are paint collectors the only people that seem to get caught up in bidding wars? Wait till the auctions end. I sell a ton of items on the bay, and you would be suprised how a quality item can up itself several hundred dollars in the last couple seconds. I don't have time wasting on bidding wars, I plan on going after some of those cans, but you will never know till its over.

Archived