Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ALWAYS TRY AND FORGET ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I KNOW I'LL NEVER RUN INTO THIS GUY AGAIN:

BACK IN THE EARLY 90'S (BACK WHEN JORDAN WORE THE BLACK AND RED NIKE GEAR IN THE SLAM CONTEST) I WENT TO A FLEA MARKET WITH MY PARENTS AND RAN INTO A BOOTH THAT A GUY WAS SELLING ALL OLD/DISCONTINUED KRYLONS STTILL IN THE 6-PACK CASES.

2.00 EACH MIND YOU!

THE NEXT DAY WITH 300.00 IN HAND I GOT SPANISH BROWN-AVOCADO-BRICK-BONFIRE-OD KHAKI-CHIPEWA PAPER LABELS AND MANY MORE.

I WANT EACH OF YOU TO SLAP ME IN THE FACE FOR NOT KEEPING A CONTACT PHONE OR E-MAIL FOR T HIS GUY. HE TOLD ME ALL THE STORES SENT HIM ALL THE DIS-CONTINUED COLORS!

I AM GOING TO TRY AND FORGET ABOUT THIS AGAIN!

I'LL POST A PICTURE OF WHAT I STILL HAVE (AT LEAST 30 CANS)

NIce, but most of that stuff is probably long gone. In the mid late 90's there was still tons of stuff around. Over the past few years things are drying up and no one is holding onto older paint. I have multiple cases of paper label harvest golds I picked up from a spot. Climate controlled everything, cans in perfect shape, almost none of them spray. All have lost pressure. Thats the problem, once they start going bad people dump them. I had one store let me take their entire invetory of barcodes because they were going bad and I guess people kept returing them, they just couldn't sell them. Even ended up leaving a ton behind...

With nearly all the little mom n pop shops turning to True Value or Ace to compete with the box stores, almost nothing is left. It's all been junked to stock the same standard stuff that every True Value or Ace has.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, ive got a bunch of old cans im looking to get rid of. Most of them are missing their nozzle, but the tops are still intact and have not been used. Most are 80's-90s Krylons and a few Rustos. Ive got indian spice, caterpillar yellow, some purples and other stuff. Send me a PM for pictures and more info....

Archived