Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flourescent paint? That stuff is pretty weak, I thought. I've seen piecers use it for hotspots, but it fades in a week and then looks like shit.

If you meant Sunset Orange, Ironlak Autumn is damn close. Montana Gold Blood Orange is also similar.

Yeah, looks like a flourescent. The Montana Gold Blood Orange doesn't even look close. Looks like a blood orange. I'm definately looking for the Sunset Gold #3103. I'm set on this color and haven't found anything that I like.

The Blood Orange looks like Krylon Sunset Orange, which is a totally different color. A half step away from Banner Red. Not fluorescent. The fluorescent Sunset Gold is a pretty odd color, so you'll have a hard time finding it in anything modern. I think after the 80's, everyone whittled their fluorescents down to just the basics. I'd say if you're looking for something to use on a piece, you're going to have a much easier time with one of the more intense euro peachy pinks.

I recall the Krylon fluorescents being very weak for coverage, and very drippy, so possibly one of the Belton Molotow transparents, maybe telemagenta or orange laid over another color, will give you what you're looking for. Personally, I'd just switch up the color scheme to adjust for what you can and can't acquire. It'll save a lot of headache.

From my understanding fluorescent are ment to be applied with a flat white base coat first, though they did always pop on fresh cement, but faded pretty quick. I have some stuff that is still holding up 11 years later, but almost no color left that was done in fluorescent.

Archived