if you know anything about cars i need help...

LadyKrink

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by rip

my favorite swaps. first: small bloccc chevy dropped into a datsun 280z 1970-1974. its like the engine bay was made for this type of engine fits perfect. also any car 74 or before doesnt have to pass smog. second: 420b engine from japan dropped into a datsun 510. this engine fits relitivly esally and it has 3 rotars and 2 turbos. very fast =). next up is the 20b engine from a honda crv and match it with a b16 head. makes for a very very very very fast car when its put in a 1989 crx hf. =).

Up in toronto is alright. we took a cab by my buddy's townhouse complex, and i endep up caressing a 280 with great care.

i have a japanese robot toy that is a 280. It transforms into a robot with a tool. Flame stickers and alldat. Got it in '88, around.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's easy to tell for me, but the guy used an LT1 block from either an Impala SS/C4 Vette/Early 4th Gen F-Body and the supercharger looks to be a Vortech centrifugal supercharger judging by the black piping...he had a Spearco intercooler for it too...damn nice setup.

I'd say he was puttin down close to 500+ horsepower

Guest SPLINTER
Originally posted by rip

fucc it bro. just say fucc u daily driver car an drop a 454 bored out to around 60 an put a 8-71 weiland blower on it. scare tha shit outtta people.

yeah thatll be nice but this is a "pretty" car and it attracts chicks when it looks good and sounds good. i would love to Throw a 454 or a 502 or maybe even the new aftermarket 632 or sumpin but girlies would be scared. plus im young and cant afford shit like that but when im older i plan on getting a camaro, nova, and vega and drop the big blocks in and just stop it from flying. :king: thanks for the advice guys.

PS- What chevys are you running fr8o??

in some cases, european cars get more horsepower of a 2.0 liter 6cylinder than chevys get out of a 350 or 400. to each his own though, just showin my likes for euro cars over others. japanese cars are too overrated, i dont hate them, but i see them as reliable long lasting rides, not really as street racers, although some people get those things runnin 9s and 10s. i see too many civics with 20s and huge exhaust tips.

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/951/4935'>

Guest SPLINTER

yes. if anything europe can be crowned as car kings. i love my chevys and GMs, shelbys, vettes, mopars but those porches, lambos, and all that stuff could whoop on them. the only problem is the price tag. i can buy a 60s-70s american muscle car for less than 10 thou while i would have to pay one and a half to 2 times as much for a euro car of that era. but its cuz theyre imported and all. long live the euros.

Thats the thing about my rice ride to me. I got the car with a motor swap in it cheap as hell (w/turbo), and now run about the same low times as most domestic/euro cars can in the 1/4 for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention the overall savings i get from point A to point B in gas mileage. But otherwise, I would definently love to own a nice throaty V8..... SS Camaro.

Guest seno.oner
Originally posted by rip

yer sayin a street legal import is gonna beat a street legal muscle car? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

thats definatley possbiel. *go on kazaa or something and look for a video its a civic hatchback crushing your muscle car (viper, yes its a muscle car) ive seen civics beat 911 turbos before.

i spent some time in WRX this weekend and i was quite impressed with the performance. i wasn't blown away by the interior but getting a short shifter, boost gauge, egt gauge and an oil pressure gauge straight from the factory is smooth in my book. the motor was fun with nothing more than a k&n drop in filter. my friend doesn't plan on doing anything as extensive as a turbo upgrade but with some decent bolt ons and chip tuning it could really be a fun fucker to play with. i don't have AWD on my car right now but fuck if i don't want it after blasting down on-ramps at 80 and climbing...

Originally posted by seno.oner

thats definatley possbiel. *go on kazaa or something and look for a video its a civic hatchback crushing your muscle car (viper, yes its a muscle car) ive seen civics beat 911 turbos before.

ok i thought we went over this. look at a tt supra getting beat by a ss 1969 camaro ss, fuccin murders the supra, the supra doesnt even leave first gear. and no i do not consider a viper a muscle its a expensive piece of shinny shit. tha link for tha vid is on page 3 i think. here fucc it i found the link for u.

http://media.car-videos.com/videos/...amaro_Supra.wmv

Guest SPLINTER

plus chicks dig a big shiny metal box that sounds like a monster way more than dull ass white plasticky looking rice rockets, oh and they dont like car colors that bring more attraction than themselves.

that and the fact that most guys cant afford to truly race rice rockets, unless the got the hookups.

Originally posted by SPLINTER

plus chicks dig a big shiny metal box that sounds like a monster way more than dull ass white plasticky looking rice rockets, oh and they dont like car colors that bring more attraction than themselves.

that and the fact that most guys cant afford to truly race rice rockets, unless the got the hookups.

so very very true.

Archived