what age did you start graf?

mizx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i started to get into it when i was 11, i used to go up to my cousins house with my mother on the interstate and used to see all these tags and handstyles all over the place, i started writing bubble letters and erasing the lines connecting them so i thought i was cool, i kept on sketching to this day, im 18 now, i picked up a can when i was 11, a flourescent orange and totally destroyed my shed, next time i picked up a can was 13 and ive held one ever since.

i started yesterday.

nah I remember tagging my initials when i was in grade 5. and was influenced by my brother's friend (who is a famous writer now). but i really got into it in grade 8 when i would do all these toy ass sketches and bomb stupidly, it was good to go into high school and meet other writers, i think that is what set it off for me.

Guest big PERM

14 after i went to europe, its funny how euro graff got me started but now i hate it..........well most of it.

I started trying to do "handstyles" in 7th grade----I was 14......now I am almost 28 so I guess that was quite some time ago.....fuck,I am getting old.

Guest toyeraser

i miss growing up...

i first got the balls to steal my teacher's sharpie and tag up my desk, the bathroom and my school bus when i was in 2nd grade. however old i was. i was trying to be like my friend's older brother who used to hit up his neighborhood and placaso on the liquor store at the end of their block and all over their room and apartment building. i wrote "imp" because motley crue's first album was satanic and i read in a thesaurus that imp is another name for satan.

17?

Originally posted by EssAyEmEe3

I basically started about a year and some change ago, when I was 16, I'm now 17...I wish I was exposed to this earlier. So much more learning could've taken place...

I STARED WHEN I WAS 13 AND SOME CHANGE

Originally posted by nak

just wondering.. im 15 right now, i started painting last year, but i have been into graf since like 6th grade... im a freshmen now.. what got me into it was a cartoon called "downtown" they usta have it on Mtv, they had this one eposode when they went down into the subway and painted, and stuff,.. i feel in love with graf...

ha! i remember "downtown"...that was gay. anyways, i picked up my first can at the ripe old age of 17. i'm 19 now. i'd been into graff since i was 16 if that means anything...:D

Guest dephect

i got into graff when i was 15, first thing i did was a character then didnt do anything for a year until i was nearly 17

Guest CRYrock81

hahaha i use to rock the crayolas all throughout the house....tv walls lil bro.....everywhere...i think i was like 2

Archived