Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Yard Safety

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by cracked ass, Apr 16, 2000.

1. ReackOne

ReackOne Member

So, Im a train newfag :|

Is there a difference between a lay-up and a yard or are they the same thing?

2. RiSE-DvS

RiSE-DvS Junior Member

I did a quick search for train signals in this thread, but I didn't see anything so if this has already been posted, I'm sorry. This is good learning for anyone who spends any amount of time on the tracks, unless you don't mind getting run over or cut in half.

Train signal meanings for the US ---> http://www.railroadsignals.us/basics/basics4.htm#Signal_Colors_and_Their_Meaning_

KEEP IN MIND THAT SIGNALS ARE DIFFERENT FOR OTHER COUNTRIES, AND CAN ALSO DIFFER FROM STATE TO STATE OR PROVINCE TO PROVINCE.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
    Grasp likes this.
  3. semorbutts

semorbutts Member

a layup is only a few cars, a yard is what it is...
    you think cops would know stuff like that.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  4. RiSE-DvS

RiSE-DvS Junior Member

Apparently cops DO know that stuff. :rolleyes:

5. exquisitelydrippy

exquisitelydrippy New Jack

stick to lay ups.......the yards are a bit more critical of writers from where I am from
    the local yard here has a rep for being careless.......they even squish the workers from time to time

6. Blameworth

Blameworth New Jack

Great thread. I don't plan on hittin the rails up in my city for a while, but it's good to know the info is here for when the day comes. Keep it up.

7. Giml75

Giml75 New Jack

great info, will keep in mind, thanks.

8. MrFuckYou

MrFuckYou New Jack

9. ..romero..

..romero.. Senior Member

layups are alot smaller and in some cases arent very well guarded, if at all...some can be walked right into more or less..

yards are a totally different story though..much more security, more cars, more rail police. did i mention more cars? hahahaha.

10. SheenOne

SheenOne Member

Wear an iPod.. Stupid as fuck you'd have to be a total idiot to do that.. A guy In Fresno got killed on a bridge not to long ago .. He got smashed and his friend jumped into the river..

11. steel_PAINT

steel_PAINT New Jack

Quote:
    Originally posted by T.W.F UNABOMBER:
    theres not aloud of good artist here i dont live in tha nice part of ct so i dont know why people think connecticut is a pretty place to live.
    and if you dont live in ct why would you care if i hit up any fr8s
    second of all there are too many toys around here that need to see some real nice shit ive battled too many corny toys that ive battled (no chalenge) im sick of it if you would please just email me a yard location it would be a help i want to hit up some fr8s before marker season (winter)
    im a little pissed off right now sorry if i sound like a ass

Man, i just started looking at this thread, but holy fuck did i think the same thing. didn't research this dude and don't care to but damn, that is too funny. bro if you paint you would know that what you said made you look and sound like a total fucking TOY and i hate to even use the word. ct life most be peaches and cream if you can make it as a writer buddy.

on the same note i would sure love to know what turned up when the trace was ran on dudes ip.

12. morskism

morskism Member

literally just read all 21 pages. 3 hours worth. 3 hours well spent.

13. PonderYourIdentity1

PonderYourIdentity1 New Jack

Hey I want to know if you guys think it is wise to wear a reflective vest in the yards.. that way if a rail worker catches you, he might think you are actually caring about saftey, and have some common sense. Pros? Cons?
    (This is a photo of Ether [MUL crew, Chicago] wearing a reflective vest while doing a transit car)

Attached Files:

14. EATADICK!!!

EATADICK!!! Junior Member

yo some1 please help quick my friend is trapped in a boxcar as i type this on my iphone we were fuckin around n my friend went in a boxcard with the door open n was hittin the inside n i was fuckin around n thought itd b funny to shut the door on him but now we cant get it open wtf should i do i have another friend on the way now with a crobar its not locked or latched or anything but it wont move at all

15. Vacancy

Vacancy New Jack

Your fucked dude. ghost train. but if srs, more manpower