whats the deal with..........

vans

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have a can of beans from 1807.. Anyone wanna trade for a jungle green?

Collecting records and collecting paint aren't the same.. Both collections obviously. But not at all the same thing. I collect records too.. cans of paint?? Who gives a fuck?? Paint is paint is paint is paint..... That 1975 Krylon isn't shit.. Perhpas it makes you feel more 'real'.. Hmmm.

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

yeah, i could also buy all the music i listen to on cd, or even buy it, tape it, and return it... but i don't, i like having records... in fact, i own records that don't play or have shitty music i don't like... i just like records... same deal...

vinyl roxxors

i have a ton of 70s and 80s stuff

half life

gg allin

crimson sweet

and my prized billy idol rebel yell 45

i don't collect and never will but i agree with the kid that said it before that it's like holing on to a part of history. you grab onto a can from the 70's and your holdin the same thing the bricklayers were holdin. it's like a big ol stick of old school graff history. oh and how about them rainbow suspenders? pretty cool huh?

Originally posted by WITS

Collecting records and collecting paint aren't the same..

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

in fact, i own records that don't play or have shitty music i don't like...

it's exactly the same... i have plenty of records that i don't actually like- music wise- i buy it for the art, or the rarity, or simply the performer... i do have a couple old cans and i have them cuz i like the artwork on the wrapper and the color of the cap... there's things like jungle green (which would cost an assload) that i definately wouldn't mind having, even tho the paint would probably be all jellied in the can and wouldn't actually work-- just like i wouldn't mind having united blood 7" (which also costs an assload) which i'm not that nuts about musically,, but...

Archived