Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the hardest button to button??

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SaracasticH, Jan 5, 2004.

1. SaracasticH

SaracasticH Banned

has anyone seen this music video? when I saw it I thought i was watching some retro music or somthing from the 80's but then i found out it was made recently http://www.kaillera.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif'>
    it seemed pretty repitive though

2. Hoblow

Hoblow Senior Member

You've never heard of the white stripes? Forilla?

3. SaracasticH

SaracasticH Banned

i am not much of a rock fan.. this music video just caught my attention for some reason. Must be some subliminal thing

4. TURBOCAPSLOK

TURBOCAPSLOK Elite Member

5. krie

krie Guest

i really liked this film clip, it would have taken alot of effort and time to make, thats why i appreciate it i think. pretty catchy tune too

6. There are some bands that are different than others, you cant really say why they're better as in this or that, but they seem to take care of everything in the same way...everything appears compact...white stripes have the same quality overall...album covers, video clips, their own appearance and of course music....dope

7. Telo

Telo Elite Member

a lot of "oz-er's" seem to be fans of the stripes.. weird.

8. caL

caL Senior Member

personally, i think their new cd is a little wack
    the 2 videos are interesting to watch though

9. you think elephant is wack?
    I can understand if someone doesnt like them in general but elephant is fuckin dope.

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

it's 'their' and no, it's not.
    i hated them. i still hate them in theory infact, but i also cant deny that dude writes good songs.
    'no home for you here' is great.
    the new album isnt as great as the media portrays it to be, the whole b-side is pretty boring, but for those brief few minutes, from 'no home...' to 'keep her in your pocket', it rocks like the scorpions (but different).

11. Telo

Telo Elite Member

off the topic but seeking.. Do you like the rolling stones? cause i could compare these guys to a new age stones. My dad picked up all the white stripe albums and called me like, "these detroit rockers kick ass, they have alot of the same sounds as older rock and roll".. I totally felt where he was coming from on that. anyways, babble babble, i dont mind them.. thumbs up for the stripes.

12. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

The White Stripes are more like crappier MC5 or The Stooges than the Stones. I don't know why everyone wets their pants about them. Anyone who can play guitar can play his songs. Just come up with a catchy riff and add a monotonous drum beat and voila! Just more hipster doofuseses telling other hipster doofuseseseseses what to listen to....

As for the video, it's a cool idea, but I don't think it came off as smoothly as it could have, probably because most of the shots are outside and you can see grass and trees and shadows etc. moving too, which kinda gives it away. The video for Dead Leaves and Dirty Ground (?) was way better......

13. Dude, no offence and all but thats straight stupid negativity...anyone who can play an instrument can play anything..so what?

catchy riffs are far more important than you hnadle them, same with beats..hell what makes a song good?

dude, writes dope music, dope lyrics and he performs dope...

how hip was it for them to play pure rock and roll when it was concidered as a dead music...?

14. PabstBlueRbn

PabstBlueRbn New Jack

I'd say jack white reminds me alot of Jimmy Page, but I'm not here to change anybody's opinion. I just know that they rocked my ass hard in berkley.
    The old shits even better in my opinion, more experimentation with blues and shit.