Restaurant supply store FTW

KILZ FILLZ

Took the long way to run an errand today and drove by a place I've been wanting to snoop around for a few years now- CHEF CITY

Just copped restaurant grade sauce pan, mid grade chef knife, and some goodies for my BBQ on the cheap cheap.

Just had to give em a phony restaurant name and phone number

Im NEVER buying anything for my kitchen at a normal store again.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

we have a place called restaurant depot but you need a tax ID to shop there

so disappointing.

i have discovered a less awesome supply store that seems to be open to the public though

i'm kinda terrified to shop in there, i'll either spend too much or suddenly have a ton of material crap i want. ugh...

good call though, fo sho

places like that are usually my shit when it comes to deals on the house... as long as you dress well they wont hassle you for being in there. i walk into them all the time and have never been asked once but i dont usually purchase either.

when you say "restaurant grade" what brands are you talking...

IHU the sauce pan is a brand named Polar Ware. I'm not familiar with the company though. I was looking for a sauce pan with a very thick bottom and this one was good for the price. NSF markings on bottom.

Pics per CLICK- CLACKs request

Dunno what this is called but I'm gonna use it for grilling seafood and veggies (mostly shrimp)

6eaafe64.jpg

0c78d0d6.jpg

8" chef knife. Brand: Dexter, once again not familiar with the brand. Has NSF markings and the handle is super comfy.

2575bf0e.jpg

polar ware sauce pan

3334ce28.jpg

Massive rivets connecting handle

e4a5f99f.jpg

Not pictured: large tongs for BBQ

Everything here came to about $65 if I remember correctly. I feel like I got some good stuff for that total. maybe not as good of a deal as it is in my mind?

not familiar with any of them brands either but they seem just fine and for that price fuck it... the plastic handle knifes you see lot by the docks or on fishing boats.

those grill things are kinda gay. like for consumer level people they are kinda nice cuz its a easy way to grill shit that is a bit harder. i have used them in the past but i burnt the handle on one and since i have just used foil or figured out how to do it right. for pain in the ass fish like talipia or red snapper those things are perfect!