1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

new Technics sl-dz1200 cd-decks

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Daddy Screw, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw 12oz Member

new Technics sl-dz1200 cd-decks

Discussion started by Daddy Screw - Feb 4, 2004

These are definately getting bought by myself as soon as i can muster up the cash. shipping from musiciansfriend.com in May
    I heard $999

check the young quicktime movie: http://homepage.mac.com/seckle/SLDZ1200.mov

[​IMG]

Daddy Screw - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. enueone

enueone 12oz Member

enueone - Replied Feb 4, 2004

i was anti cd-dj for a long time till those pioneers came out...those technics joints look dope but i still love vinyl..there's somethin about gettin some rare shit on vinyl that you can't replace ..even if you can download it off kazaa and burn it to cd...

but long gone are the days of payin dues and carrying 5 crates of records up 3 flights of stairs at 5 in the morning when you're so tired and just wanna go to sleep...

enueone - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw 12oz Member

Daddy Screw - Replied Feb 4, 2004

i was anti cdj until i saw these really. You can play mp3's on em, the platter actually spins, and the way these scratch is like unlike the other dodgy cd decks i've seen. this seems like logical progression to me from the 1200's..................

4. enueone

enueone 12oz Member

enueone - Replied Feb 4, 2004

word...that was my big beef with the pioneer cd-dj 1000..the platter didn't spin and it felt like you were cuttin on a dead plate...

the denon one spins but it's so unresponsive to alot of common scratch techniques like drags and tears...

this technics joint looks solid..i still never got a chance to fuck with it though...

as far as turntables go though..i never thought i'd see the day where i would prefer a numark to a 1200...but the new ttx1 has changed all that for me...the most solid turntable i've ever owned...

5. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik 12oz Senior Member

imported_dowmagik - Replied Feb 4, 2004

i still think vinyl just feels better.

imported_dowmagik - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. Bellbeefer

Bellbeefer 12oz Senior Member

Bellbeefer - Replied Feb 5, 2004

Bellbeefer - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Feb 5, 2004

purists unite.

i dunno.....the thrill of finding a rare piece of U.K. speed garage or coming up on some ill jungle brothers mayhem in the dark recesses of a dimly lit record store as you elbow your way past other intrepid wax hunters will never die.

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  8. enueone

enueone 12oz Member

enueone - Replied Feb 5, 2004

word...

where i think those cd turntables come in handy is on the production tip...it's a good tool to have in the studio..whether it's finding a sample to use off dvd/vhs/tv ..and being able to burn it to cd and cut it up..

when my roommate was making a battle break record we'd test out the sentences on a pioneer cd-dj 1000...you could tell if you needed to add a sound..take one out..it's alot less expensive then getting test pressings to feel how a record is laid out...

but it can't replace vinyl...

9. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw 12oz Member

Daddy Screw - Replied Feb 5, 2004

oh no doubt these things will never replace vinyl, but its all good being able to mix a few mp3's into your set, and i'll bet they got all sick features as well like sound effects and all this other new fangled digi digi stuff. Plus they look so fucking cool.

10. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw 12oz Member

Daddy Screw - Replied Feb 5, 2004

also being able to test your own dubs in the club straight from the studio is a big plus. i think.

11. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- 12oz Veteran Member

--zeSto-- - Replied Feb 5, 2004

THE FUTURE

Final Scratch uses vinyl and classic turntables to manipulate digital audio files.

--zeSto-- - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. enueone

enueone 12oz Member

enueone - Replied Feb 5, 2004

final scratch is iight but expensive...then you need to have a really good laptop running a seperate linux partition or osX for it...and mp3's need to be encoded higher than 128kpbs otherwise they sound nasty..

i know cats who've used final scratch live..and had their laptop crash in the middle of their sets...that shit happened to craze...

it's a cool studio production tool or a practice tool, say you got a beat juggle you're workin on but you don't wanna burn out the 2 copies of the records..you could encode em on final scratch and get the routine down...cuz back in the day you'd have to buy multiple copies of your routine records...lol

13. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- 12oz Veteran Member

--zeSto-- - Replied Feb 5, 2004

Richie Hawtin plays multiple hour sets on Final Scratch
    with a whole bank of other gear running though it.
    Just like anything you'd consider a 'production tool',
    you need to have all the hardware running perfectly.
    If there's one weak link in the chain then everything
    else is at risk. And Ideally you'd just run finalscratch on
    that laptop and nothing else. Keep the system clean and it's
    one hell of a tool. (my co-worker has it and loves it)

--zeSto-- - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. anonymity1

anonymity1 12oz Senior Member

anonymity1 - Replied Feb 5, 2004

I'LL STAY ANALOG....................VINYL!!!!

Bitch

anonymity1 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. CAPiTA

CAPiTA 12oz Member

CAPiTA - Replied Feb 5, 2004

You should be encoding at a higher bitrate than 128 anyways. 128s sound like shit...well, not shit, but you can definately tell the difference between a 128 and a 192, especially if you use LAME encoding.

CAPiTA - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: