new Technics sl-dz1200 cd-decks

Daddy Screw

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i was anti cd-dj for a long time till those pioneers came out...those technics joints look dope but i still love vinyl..there's somethin about gettin some rare shit on vinyl that you can't replace ..even if you can download it off kazaa and burn it to cd...

but long gone are the days of payin dues and carrying 5 crates of records up 3 flights of stairs at 5 in the morning when you're so tired and just wanna go to sleep...

word...that was my big beef with the pioneer cd-dj 1000..the platter didn't spin and it felt like you were cuttin on a dead plate...

the denon one spins but it's so unresponsive to alot of common scratch techniques like drags and tears...

this technics joint looks solid..i still never got a chance to fuck with it though...

as far as turntables go though..i never thought i'd see the day where i would prefer a numark to a 1200...but the new ttx1 has changed all that for me...the most solid turntable i've ever owned...

Originally posted by dowmagik

i still think vinyl just feels better.

purists unite.

i dunno.....the thrill of finding a rare piece of U.K. speed garage or coming up on some ill jungle brothers mayhem in the dark recesses of a dimly lit record store as you elbow your way past other intrepid wax hunters will never die.

word...

where i think those cd turntables come in handy is on the production tip...it's a good tool to have in the studio..whether it's finding a sample to use off dvd/vhs/tv ..and being able to burn it to cd and cut it up..

when my roommate was making a battle break record we'd test out the sentences on a pioneer cd-dj 1000...you could tell if you needed to add a sound..take one out..it's alot less expensive then getting test pressings to feel how a record is laid out...

but it can't replace vinyl...

final scratch is iight but expensive...then you need to have a really good laptop running a seperate linux partition or osX for it...and mp3's need to be encoded higher than 128kpbs otherwise they sound nasty..

i know cats who've used final scratch live..and had their laptop crash in the middle of their sets...that shit happened to craze...

it's a cool studio production tool or a practice tool, say you got a beat juggle you're workin on but you don't wanna burn out the 2 copies of the records..you could encode em on final scratch and get the routine down...cuz back in the day you'd have to buy multiple copies of your routine records...lol

Richie Hawtin plays multiple hour sets on Final Scratch

with a whole bank of other gear running though it.

Just like anything you'd consider a 'production tool',

you need to have all the hardware running perfectly.

If there's one weak link in the chain then everything

else is at risk. And Ideally you'd just run finalscratch on

that laptop and nothing else. Keep the system clean and it's

one hell of a tool. (my co-worker has it and loves it)

Originally posted by enueone

and mp3's need to be encoded higher than 128kpbs otherwise they sound nasty..

You should be encoding at a higher bitrate than 128 anyways. 128s sound like shit...well, not shit, but you can definately tell the difference between a 128 and a 192, especially if you use LAME encoding.

Archived