Network Printers

fuse=--action

Anyone ever set one up?

Because I'm trying to right now and it's pissing me off more than anything. Setting my printer up on my linux box without a proper driver was easier than this fucking thing.

The problem is that we didn't get the network version of the printer, we got some sort of adapter for it (D-link DP-103P+) that is pissing me off. I'm sure it would be much easier if I didn't have to deal with this goddamn unholy device.

Anyone got any idea of what to do other than get a gun and end it all now?

-fuse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 months later...

If you're networking with Windows systems, try using the Samba client.

The best way to go with printers for Linux systems is HP, hands down. I have a Deskjet 3740 that has worked with almost every system I've used, so far. HPlinks is a great script, in that it requires very little tweaking to get it to talk to the print server.

For network printing over a Linux system (which I've never done, BTW)...I would imagine as long as you could see the shares on the print server, you could do whatever you wanted to with them.

As heretical as it may seem, I'm on an XP system (TinyXP 4)again. It's pretty good, in that it's much faster and about a million times more stable than the first one I endured.

Then again, it's stripped down to nothing, but it proves my point that the original XP was too bloated to be effective.