Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Need help finding a font [Urgent]

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by POISON.CONTROL, Apr 17, 2006.

1. POISON.CONTROL

POISON.CONTROL New Jack

Hello:

I'm working on a book project and need help finding a font. I am usually pretty successful at the hunt, but am going crazy this time trying to find this specific font. The font I'm looking for appeared on the cover of Wired magazine's April 2006 issue (pic hopefully appearing below).

I'm looking for the white font on the cover that says "Games." If anyone knows the name or where I can buy the font, I would greatly asppreciate the help.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Matt

[​IMG]

2. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

3. POISON.CONTROL

POISON.CONTROL New Jack

Thanks for the help. Finally figured out that the font is called "Avant Garde" and was originally designed in the late 60s for a magazine of the same name. The version on the cover of Wired is a revamped design of the font. I've found the old version as a freeware font, but can't find the new version for free. Might be time to bite the bullet and pay for a font... we'll see.

4. SPORTO

SPORTO Senior Member

Have it for the Mac if you want.

5. 020305195589331

020305195589331 Banned

6. defer

defer Member

avant garde: herb lubalin

7. watson

watson 12oz Loyalist

its funny looking back at this thread even though its spam bumped

3 years old and that font is HUGEEEE today

8. ohnoone

ohnoone Elite Member

9. watson

watson 12oz Loyalist

10. defer

defer Member

that font was huge from the time lubalin designed it. it was never meant to be a complete typeface, lubalin even says that he wished he never completed it.

it was originally a logo that lubalin designed for avant garde magazine.

11. ColdCashMoney

ColdCashMoney New Jack

Avant Garde my man, that's fontz 101!