Glutamine

Weapon X

What is it and what does it do? I've read up a bit on the internet, but can't find quality information. Well, rather, I don't have the effort to. I'm so lazy, I'm not even asking my brother, even though he uses the stuff. If it's good stuff, I'm just gonna snake from my bro everyday.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

while glutamine can be beneficial for some, taking it alone will not really do anything. the main thing glutamine helps with is digestion and overall stomach help, repairing the lining, etc. Best bet would be to buy some whey protein since most of them already have L_glutamine and glutamine peptides already added

bottom line is that like most supplements if you take it alone it will not be effective

Originally posted by type R

while glutamine can be beneficial for some, taking it alone will not really do anything. the main thing glutamine helps with is digestion and overall stomach help, repairing the lining, etc. Best bet would be to buy some whey protein since most of them already have L_glutamine and glutamine peptides already added

bottom line is that like most supplements if you take it alone it will not be effective

Yo, fuck that whey protein shit. I eat a bar once in a while, but I prefer straight eating. Lots of eating. So what you’re saying is that the glutamine helps digest the protein better?

i've been vegetarian for nearly a decade, with zero adverse health effects..and many good effects.

however, i am of the mind that everyone's bodies are different..

i mean, we all have different faces, right?

so what i mean is that: in a general sense, our bodies are the same, glutamine does the same thing in the majority of bodies..however, some bodies may have a preference for one form of glutamine over another (like glutamic acid)..some people may have bodies that are better with meat digestion, some people aren't tolerant of soy, etc..

if you are veggie, or going veggie, and worried about essential aminos not found in abumndance in fruits and veggies..

try Liquid Aminos (mainly good for vegans but also for use by regular humans)

it's a spice typw of condiment/seasoner, kind of like soy sauce

http://www.bragg.com/products/gfx/liquidaminos.jpg'>

i don't think anything will mess with your liver, unless you take too much...

there is a fine line between healthy and overdoing it..

in other words, 3 supplements per day seems like a lot, the kidney and liver basically filter all the fluid in your body, so more solutes equals more hard work for them..

moderation is the key here.

plus again, bodies are different, some may respond better to supplements than others.

i also like the idea of mixing it in with cooking/food (at home)

it's not processed to shit, plus a lot of supplements need to be taken with food or milk because you need certain additional compounds to aid in absorption (for example, calcium won't really enter your bloodstream without Vitamin D)

Originally posted by !@#$%

i don't think anything will mess with your liver, unless you take too much...

there is a fine line between healthy and overdoing it..

in other words, 3 supplements per day seems like a lot, the kidney and liver basically filter all the fluid in your body, so more solutes equals more hard work for them..

moderation is the key here.

plus again, bodies are different, some may respond better to supplements than others.

i also like the idea of mixing it in with cooking/food (at home)

it's not processed to shit, plus a lot of supplements need to be taken with food or milk because you need certain additional compounds to aid in absorption (for example, calcium won't really enter your bloodstream without Vitamin D)

��

almost all supplements need to be taken with food or within 30 minutes of eating, some though need to be taken on an empty stomach. 3 supplements a day is nothing to be concerned about whatsoever. and little to none of them have an effect on the kidneys or liver, unless you are getting into testosterone (steroids) or something.

Archived