Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

gettin started

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by hjiokld, Jul 21, 2004.

1. hjiokld

hjiokld New Jack

yeah, im tryin to start learnin to tag.. but i suck so hard,. what are some good techniques i can learn to help me out.. i know the 2 pencil trick, and i suck at it.. other than that, i can sorta do bubbles and plain block.. wildstyle is hard as hell.. any tips for a begginer?

2. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby Elite Member

2 pencil technique?

first.

3. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby Elite Member

oh and if you have to ask this you shouldnt be doing graffiti. find a better hobby for yourself.. like sewing, or scrapbook making.

4. holycrapRUN

holycrapRUN Junior Member

dude you suck dick and shit

5. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

Meet writers who piece on freights walls etc.. not them toy ones that dont know what 2 do either n hav them teach u give u styles n stuff. Cause its impossible 2 explain some 1 how 2 write their tag online, peeps r just lazy 2 write or don't feel like helping.

Stick 2 simple keyboard letters 1st 4 get wildstyle till u do that
    Dont do a million arrows
    Do not attempt 3D style till u learn 2D
    And do a lot of diff handstyles over n over like 10+ pages of hands

6. hjiokld

hjiokld New Jack

yea, but my sewing machine broke.. anyway, nothing wrong with asking for pointers,. i can do lettering,. but its just sloppy and shit,..

7. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

ok, alot of writers will be a dicks to you. it's called "paying dues" get used to it.

start with simple shit. paint alot. someone already said it, don't worry about wildstyle or anything like 3d's. practice. practice. PRACTICE!

8. THE CORONER

THE CORONER Banned

i cannot believe that like once every month someone posts this exact same subject in Paper Chase

anyone else annoyed with it?:mad:

9. deceipt

deceipt Junior Member

no; honestly why does it bother you all so much that sumbody else is wanting to get into graffiti? because rather than teaching himself he is coming into a graffiti forum to ask for advice? what annoys me is how hateful and disrespectful a lot of graffiti writers are to one another. and you guys call that "paying dues"? i understand that when you are starting out mad people will call you out and i can understand that. used to when i painted sumbody would go right over my shit the next day, but i'd have a picture of it and i'd be completely happy. still today i dont get pissed off if sumbody goes over me; one i realize im not the sickest writer in the world, and two im more fucking mature than that. not gonna say that it doesn't irritate me when people dis me tho for no good reason. but i got bigger issues than getting caught up in a moment to worry about

i dunno about ya'll but i learned graffiti from biting(as far as sketching letters goes). and from combining styles from multiple writers i was able to come up with my own unique style. as far as painting, im sure everybody will agree when i say "start simple". now i dont even pay that much attention to what other writers are doing anymore. which is probly why im not as motivated to sketch as much and all my pieces keep looking the same. every writer's style has influences, and those influences are the writers he/she was biting on when he/she started. im sure a million of you will disagree but i'd like to see sumbody elaborate on why they disagree. thanks and have a shitty day

10. goonstock

goonstock Member

haha. what an asshole.;)

practice. and read before you post anything again

11. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

Dont Use:
    -arrows
    -useless extensions
    -any extensions
    -bright colors that dont go together well
    -cherries or any other type of fruits
    Start off by:
    - 1.working on your handstyle for months, non-stop...use a notebook and keep doing your handstyle over and over and over again
    - 2. work on your bombs
    - 3. dont start pieceing till you have your bombs and handstyles at a point where you think they look good and other people will like them
    About Piecing:
    - be as simple as possible
    - learn your bars and the shapes of the letters
    - learn how to bend your letters
    Tips about practicing:
    - practice everyday (not just when your bored and have nothing to do)
    - practice your name very simple and if there is a letter you like try to match it up to the rest of the letters in your name
    - take the things you like from your pieces and mix it with old pieces of yours that you like
    Knowledge:
    - dont go bombing till you know what your doing and dont fuck around in your neighborhood (dont shit where you sleep)
    - practice everyday
    - dont go all out with coloring your sketches
    - dont tell people you write that you cant trust
    - take your time and you will get there

well heres some tips i think everyone should follow....

and dont be one of those one-post-wonders hah

12. THE CORONER

THE CORONER Banned

13. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

14. deceipt

deceipt Junior Member

15. THE CORONER

THE CORONER Banned

haha congradulations on being the only one of us that actually gives a shit about what u posted
    good to see ya got the time for that reply bro
    go write