Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Futura for A Bathing Ape...

Discussion in 'Style' started by misteraven, Oct 11, 2004.

1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Just spotted this online a few minutes a go. Sure to fetch big money on eBay...

Attached Files:

2. skem

skem Junior Member

bape is wack, af1 knock offs. and they have a new shoe i think called the skatesta, its a term/dunk knock off.

3. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

I dont think Bape is trying to pull the wool over anybodys eyes by fronting like it's an original design.

My biggest gripe is why Nike can't do all the fresh colorways and materials that Bape does.

4. paint junky

paint junky Member

well nike does have HTM's which are type dope... but nike has been putting out a ton of garbage lately... with a few exceptions like the crepe pack and the CG jordan iv's... and the hyperstrike aloha/hi's are seriously DOPE but it is a hyperstrike and in HI... bape bit the AF1, the shelltoe, the dunk, etc... they do nice colorways but c'mon let's be serious...

5. skem

skem Junior Member

the alohas will also be a quickstrike which will exclude the kicks/hi print on the heel. they will release december 1st, the hyperstrikes will release november 1st. and bape also bit converse.

6. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

there has yet to be an original design from bapesta. but the colors have been really nice, IMO. i'd sport a pair if I could get a size 12 for less than $200.

7. skem

skem Junior Member

you go on nt, dont you.

8. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

nt?

9. Cobraz

Cobraz New Jack

I've been going to nike talk since about 2002

10. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

I wouldn't pay more than $15 for that t shirt, but the packaging is definitely rad-tastic. Good job.

To the people bitching about this guy ripping off nike or adidas, it's not like nike and adidas went out into the bronx in 1985 and said "yo dondi, design some shoes for us." The actual shoe companies didn't have anything to do with being associated with hip-hop, they just profited from it while kids on the street modified their products and made them popular. This Bape character is just selling his own customized version.

11. skem

skem Junior Member

nt?
    [post=3663696]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

oh, i figured you did since you used "IMO" thats the only place i ever really see it, they say it there like every other reply.

12. paint junky

paint junky Member

aloha's quickstrike huh? thanks for the info...
    here is nigo in time magazine... i really think his stuff is whatever, it is amazing how "cool" things become when u make them "exclusive" and slap an outrageous price tag on it...

anybody selling jordan v's blk/silver in an 11... i need a new pair...

13. paint junky

paint junky Member

14. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Just started a new thread with that link before seeing this. Anyhow....