Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

films of yore : CHINATOWN

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Sep 16, 2002.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

http://www.filmsite.org/posters/chin.jpg'>

[i] Chinatown (1974) is a superb, private eye mystery and modern-day film noir thriller. Its original, Award-winning screenplay by Robert Towne is a throwback that pays homage to the best Hollywood film noirs from the pens of Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler in the 30s and 40s. The film is a skillful blend of mystery, romance, suspense, and hard boiled detective/film noir genre elements - especially embodied in The Maltese Falcon (1941) (by director John Huston who acts in this film) and The Big Sleep (1946). The film marked director Roman Polanski's return to Hollywood five years after the gruesome 1969 Manson murders that took the life of his actress wife Sharon Tate. Polanski opted to use a bleak ending rather than the more hopeful finale in the original screenplay.[/i]

if you haven't seen this film,
    then you really cant understand Jack Nicholson.

and on the [url=http://us.imdb.com/Title?0071315]Internet Movie DataBase[/url] it's rated at 43 on the [i]Top 250 Films of all time[/i]

seen it?

2. good fuggin call...

yup
    classic

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

yeah man, almost as good as big trouble in little china. it's been a few years, so I think i might rent it soon.

4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

http://www.thecinemalaser.com/dvd2/reviews/big-trouble-in-little-china-dvd.jpg'>

you've got to be kidding!

(but BTILT is a very fun flick)

5. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

LEMME FIND OUT DEVILUSH WAS AN EXTRA?

6. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

keep complaining little bitch. it isnt gonna get you anywhere.

7. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Chinatown was badass. It helps if you know a little bit about the history of California with Mullholand and others. It really was corrupt with people fighting and over the water and aquaduct. And the movie shows alot of it. Plus it has my man Jack in it.

It get's [​IMG]

8. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

my sister *slap*
    my daugter *slap*
    my sister *slap*
    my daugter *slap*

that's my man (Jack) throwin' down.

9. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

haha
    Jack was pimp smacking that broad.

crazy broad/

10. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Good movie....I like the lighting raiden guy....