Computer Turtles : Centrinos ?

Pinup

Computer Nerds : Centrinos ?

I looked it up on computer sites but i don't understand complicated words.

I have a brand new laptop and i like it because it is nice and silver and you can do a lot of things with it.

However, Tesseract brought me down saying that my 1.5Ghz Centrino processor was a "turtle".

I demand a second opinion.

Any of you guys know the difference between a "Centrino" and a "not Centrino" ? Not that it makes any real difference since i now OWN the thing, but basically i want you all to say howmuch better than anything else that exists a Centrino is.

Or something.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1.5 ghz is alright, my desktop computer is 1 ghz, the best the socket will take is 1.3, i would like to get one of those. i believe the Centrino is designed for laptops specifically, so one of its features is probably low power consumption. i have a 2 ghz socket 478 Celeron that i can't use, anyone want it?

1.5 in a computer junkie's eyes is slow, however, 1.5 will get the job done perfectly fine. also, 1.5 for a laptop is a good speed. most laptops that are more than 1.5 ghz are very expensive. overall, it'll get your everyday work/games done easily. unless you want to edit movies and what not.

centrino, to my understanding, was created more for the mobility factor (hence in a laptop) which is more utilized for on the go.

overall: your laptop is fine, and the price you paid is probably fine.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: Computer Nerds : Centrinos ?

Originally posted by Pinup

I demand a second opinion.

Ok, you're also ugly!

Originally posted by ARCEL

1.5 ghz is alright, my desktop computer is 1 ghz, the best the socket will take is 1.3, i would like to get one of those. i believe the Centrino is designed for laptops specifically, so one of its features is probably low power consumption. i have a 2 ghz socket 478 Celeron that i can't use, anyone want it?

i want it :)

Archived