Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

CAN SOMEONE GIMME SOME TIPS PLZ...

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by 5ilo, Apr 28, 2004.

1. 5ilo

5ilo New Jack

2. YAES

YAES New Jack

3. yoink

yoink Elite Member

ok...ill play nice

-your goin to hear alot of bullshit.
    -Force your-self to "unlearn" whatever you think you know
    -start off incredibly simple, study letter form, how letters are constructed and what not. Its the most repetetive piece of advice you will hear, its also one of the most important...so...learn your
    LETTER STRUCTURE think of the font Times new roman, letters are made of bars...once you understand how they are built youll see how you can manipulate them.

-and youll probably hear this too, I wouldnt write Silo.

2 cents...take it or leave it.

4. Talon

Talon New Jack

more advise: post your flix straight to the board. no one wants to click your link then look through all the pics there.

5. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

^^^
    and do block letters, study styles..study how letters connect, im not that great myself but im trying to stay simple...

6. fr0st

fr0st Member

def. need your letter structure and letter spacing. I feel like your trying to squeeze your letters into the page rather than spacing them out.

7. staE

staE New Jack

yo! silo! ITS ME! i didnt know you were on 12oz. btw. its uhhh warn's friend.

8. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

looks every where for fonts, billboards, video game boxes (especially old schhol nintendo, they had some good ones), cerial boxes ive heard are a good source, go through a magazine and check it out. like this was put....
    very true, it takes more lomger than others. i use pen, that way i know if i fuck it up, ill have to start over, it motivates me kinda.

9. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

SILO #1.

^Never do that ever again. I would drop some knowledge (tips) but I'll leave that to the more experienced writers. Hopefully, they will peep this thread and help you out. But honestly, you should try to explore on your own. Writing (graffiti) takes time. No one gets dope overnight. If you don't have patience (months, years) then... then... [insert something that sounds incredibly smart here]. But let me ask you this: Why did you pick up writing? Influences?

10. siloette

siloette Member

Hey..This is the siloe who knows warn. Not to be confused with the person who started this post. ( that is some bizarre coincidence..creepy even ) Yeah I havnt seen that homey in years. Anyways you have to give me a hint. Tell me where we met and it will all come back to me?

http://www.siloette.com

11. *Destroyin'*

*Destroyin'* New Jack

ok..
    1. there is anotha silo yet..

2.do blox...

PZ