backwards messages

the_gooch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm older so you may not know these:

Slayer's Hell Awaits Intro has some backwards noise, so my friends and i trieds to figure it out, i think it says "Join Us"

Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind had a backwards message between songs. My friends and i tried to figure it out for hours, only to find out when someone else told us that its in Polish.

Ozzy Osbourne's Bloodbath in paradise has noise in the beginning. Playing it backwards sounds like "Your mother sells herself in hell"

Hardcore kids may know that the Bold 7" on revelation (out of print for over ten years already) had a backwards message at the end that said "Kill Your self"

I tried to figure this stuff out by manually turning a turntable backwards, so its hard to get a steady tempo and therefore hard to figure out. its easier to put it into a 4track, which i never did, and i'm sure todays audio production software makes it much easier in digital format.

backwards messages were some of the dorky fun stuff for being a little metal kid in the 80s. i know, pretty lame...

Archived