attn: Jazz lovers

saraday

Listener supported WWOZ

fuck clearchannel..

WWOZ turned me onto jazz.. all the dj's are volunteers and play the most amazing music. listen for yourself.. they mostly play jazz but somtiems you can catch blues, world music, and ecclectic stuff late at night.

god i'm homesick!

edit: good shows to check out - The Kitchen Sink.. and my perosnal favorite "Soul Power" feat. DJ Soulsister (saturday nights) -- the best in raregroove and obscure funk tunes!

:p

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nice one, definatley bookmarked.

side note about the gretness of jazz: when i was 7 the georgetown medical center wanted to look at me, my school had told a doctor i was full of problems. this was before the whole ADD bullshit epidemic. i became one of thier many guinea pigs, testing me, they gave me meds, none of which did shit but give me a preveiw of what methadone felt like. they basicly told my mom i was fucked, learning wise, add, dyslexic, you name it. twice a month i went there until eventually around 9 when i cussed out a doctor and punched another kid in the nose.

when i was anout 18 i really started listening to jazz, for some reason, it let me concentrate, i was less angry, and i managed to barley graduate high school. i still used this method to this day in college (thats right, college. fuck you georgetown), i have stollen countless jazz albums from my dads house, i listen to it while i am studying, reading etc. this is the only thing that keeps my absolutly fucked head clear and on task.

*typoes like whoa