App for Fire Pieces

graffitiforever

Hey All! I'm building an app to help record the best pieces around the globe, create timelines of walls to preserve the best stuff as it gets covered (or removed...), and help enthusiasts commission artists for private works. Would you help me out by filling out a quick survey about the app?

I've started building the app with my team this weekend as part of a competition, and will post a demo video as soon as we've finished it later today.

http://bit.ly/1O8Ox9E

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The simple furthering of accessibility of graffiti to a broader, dumber, faker audience is the problem. Not that your app would do anything that instagram hasn't, but it is more of the same mindset. Cool. Hip. In style. I want graffiti to fall out of style.

You don't live the life so you won't understand...........

The simple furthering of accessibility of graffiti to a broader, dumber, faker audience is the problem. Not that your app would do anything that instagram hasn't, but it is more of the same mindset. Cool. Hip. In style. I want graffiti to fall out of style.

You don't live the life so you won't understand...........

I do understand the dislike of having what was originally an underground art form become mainstream and lose part of its essence as it is commercialized. If that's what you're talking about.

As some who lives "the life", would there be any app or service you would want to use to further your art?

actual graffiti writers are criminals, largely broke and often flaky and unreliable. you want to appear to Be Down with us, not actually be down with us. trust me, it sucks.

like, the condo and rental market is really hot right now, you could pool some investors and buy a property, that might not be a bad option, and you could even tell your wife or kids that. maybe one of them could bring you in for career day. that'd be hype.

unless you want to organize a kickstarter-like service for regular people to come together and bail me out of prison when i'm arrested participating in what's left of the culture that you're trying to milk. that would be really fucking down.