anyone ever mail anything 'book rate'?

seeking

so im moving, and have a bunch of shit i need to mail home. i looked on the post office website and tried to figure out their 'book rate' mailing shit, but it makes no sense to me.

has anyone shipped a bunch of shit this way, and if so, what did it cost you? (and obviously, how much shit did you send for that much $$)

seeks/dharma bum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I know that my friend had a container sent from here (tundra)

to la-la land and it cost her a grand. However there was no weight

restriction. Are you talking about the contents of a small appartment

like my friend did or just a few large boxes of heavy shit?

I guess a grand is beyond this.

Guest KING BLING

yeah book rate is hugely cheaper though it has some very strict limits...I think it was implemented for the Sears catolgue. With that said MEDIA MAIL is cheap compared to the regular stuff in some circumstances if you do it right, which at this point I can't remember...I would encourage you to go to the post office and ask because I learned a shit load of this stuff by accident doing some community service...oh yeah, Media Mail is supposed to be like radio stations and shit so when you send it cover your ass and make moms house "MaMa's house of industrial goth nightmare music"

I think a lot of this stuff is more benificial when being sent in smaller bundles so if you are talking boxes you might be screwed...

when did you stop becoming a worthless asshole, and start being a nice guy?

or perhaps more interesting, why?

(thanks, by the way).

i did some research on the usps site, and its only $24 to send a 70 pound box.

i think i should be straight. 70 pounds is pretty fucking heavy.

Book rate is fourth class and usually takes about two weeks for delivery. i used to order a lot of vinyl, and the distro would send it book rate. i've sent a lot of records book rate, and only once was asked if it was actually books in there, and i lied yes. however, i don't know if its now a crime to lie about whats in a package, ever since this war on terror is going on. but its definitely the cheapest way of sending anything. i recommend it.

Archived