Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mainter, Feb 27, 2006.

1. JesusMachine

JesusMachine Elite Member

word, good looks. really expensive paperweight until the jailbreak.

2. Inappropriate_Responder

Inappropriate_Responder Moderator Crew

I kept my 4s in the draw for months until the Jb was release. I Can't use iPhone without JB.

I got 4s, 4, 3GS, 3G & 2g.

4 are paperweight at the moment.

iPods, aptv remotes and wifi browsers for now, Until I find a suitable home.

3. Illuminati

Illuminati Senior Member

Location services could be running in background even after it is wiped. Location services run in the background even when the phone is off.

4. dwel

dwel Member

Windows 8 can lick my anus. Why does Microsoft have to introduce a new OS when they finally just fine tuned the previous version?

I hate change.

5. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

My friend just got a new laptop, and she asked me to help set it up but didn't mention that it came with W8. So even though I rarely use Windows and avoid modern interfaces (too distracting) W8 didn't confound me in the same way that OSX did at first...but it's a pretty big metaphor shift for MS. I figured out the ribbon well enough to get by and the start screen did what it needed to do...the learning curve was tolerable, especially if you use anything with a touch screen and/or cover flow (iPhone and XMBC come to mind).

Since it wasn't a touch screen, I turned off the corners/gestures so things would stop zooming around but didn't tweak anything about the interface besides that (and that was only so I could get things done). The terminal (DOS) seems the same aside from adding a "sudo" feature (elevated command prompt), which was long overdue but at this point seems like another example of MS adding something everyone else has had since the 80s (i.e. mounting ISOs, disk imaging, virtual desktops, etc...if you're talking about a root account, it's really more like the 60s but hey).

You may not like it, but based on everything else I've seen out there it looks like this is the direction the user interface is headed in....and for once, MS got a pretty solid jump on almost everyone with W8.

6. publicenemyno.3

publicenemyno.3 Elite Member

I've been wondering how user friendly it is for non-touchscreen applications. It's probably not something I'll upgrade to soon but it's good to hear that it isn't another Vista.

7. Illuminati

Illuminati Senior Member

So anyone know where I can find drivers for sony dvd burners? I am trying to burn a dual layer dvd with a player that is capable of burning it but it won't recognize the disc when I insert it, yes I have the right dvd dual layers for the burner, but I think I need to update the firmware to get it to work properly on my system. Google has been no help to me thus far.

8. publicenemyno.3

publicenemyno.3 Elite Member

Sony is an odd company. You may want to try and contact them directly or try http://esupport.sony.com for drivers and other support. Their tech/customer service reps will likely try to sell you something. I know because I used to be one.

Illuminati likes this.
  9. Illuminati

Illuminati Senior Member

I will likely try to sell them something, and hopefully succeed. I will try that though thanks.

10. Illuminati

Illuminati Senior Member

So maybe someone here can help me maybe not. I'm trying to boot my ppc g5 off a usb which isn't supported and install 10.5 on my system. When booting my computer refuses to detect the USB drive. I've looked into it and from what I can gather usb booting isn't supported on my model. Anyone know how I can do this?

EDIT: also thanks for that sony link but they claim to have no knowledge of my dvd burner.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  11. ERSEULA

ERSEULA Member

If it doesn't support booting an OS from a USB, then attempt to burn the .dmg onto a disc and install 10.5 from there.

**This may or may not work, since you said that it doesn't support USB booting. Try it anyways**

Make sure that the USB drive is formatted to what a OSX hard drive would be normally formatted to, Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), in order for it to be bootable and recognized as a bootable drive by your G5.

Illuminati likes this.
  12. Illuminati

Illuminati Senior Member

Thanks man but I got it taken care of. Just took me a little while to do it.

13. Seffiks

Seffiks Veteran Member

looks like this thread got buried a long time ago, anyone get the cryptolocker ransomware yet?

14. T4M*

T4M* Veteran Member

anybody running Linux on a Chromebook? need feedback. I got it up and running but cant get a program called Mixxx to work with my midi device.