<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Guest imported_Tesseract

glad we're done with that shit, here it goes. Feel free to mislead me into fuckin my comp:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Scan saved at 19:55:36, on 27/02/2006

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

edited out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok well after looking at the log tesser i do not find anything bad at all the only thing is you can remove flashget its really not needed

hey do one more thing and we can see why you are getting blue screen of death do you know how to save an event viewer log?

To view the Event Log, select in the Control - Panel :

"Administrative Tools"

Select : Event Viewer

There is a separate log for :

- System : Windows logs here all its event for devices

- Security :

- Application : Other programs than Windows XP itself can log here their events

ok from here this is what you have to do

Select: System

on the Toolbar

Select: Action

Select: Save Log File As

save it as tesser

from here upload the file and send it to me at Mainterdigerati@gmail.com

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm not getting blue screens of death anymore. I used to while i was running Outpost Firewall and eversince i uninstalled it i was fine. Problem is that eversince then i run with no firewall for a month and shit got stupid. I run zonealarm pro now but theres something fishy going on for sure. Everytime i open firefox i get atleast 5-10 virus reports (mostly classified as trojans/dialers/backdoor shit) from mcafee.

Another thing is those 2 registry keys search and destroy keeps finding at cmd and cant fix the problem for the life of it.

I run spy sweeper and it found 10 shit but i cant find a full version to clean my shit.

Also ctrl+alt+del gives me 50 processes

i dunno whats wrong but i dont like that

Originally posted by Tesseract@Feb 27 2006, 03:39 PM

I'm not getting blue screens of death anymore. I used to while i was running Outpost Firewall and eversince i uninstalled it i was fine. Problem is that eversince then i run with no firewall for a month and shit got stupid. I run zonealarm pro now but theres something fishy going on for sure. Everytime i open firefox i get atleast 5-10 virus reports (mostly classified as trojans/dialers/backdoor shit) from mcafee.

Another thing is those 2 registry keys search and destroy keeps finding at cmd and cant fix the problem for the life of it.

I run spy sweeper and it found 10 shit but i cant find a full version to clean my shit.

Also ctrl+alt+del gives me 50 processes

i dunno whats wrong but i dont like that

there is nothing wrong just the sites you go to you got your mcafee set to high so it finds just random garbage get avast!! uninstall mcafee

the registry keys on search and destroy are suppose to be there they get refreshed every minute so you will never get rid of them

on your processes you got alot of printer crap and adobe crap running shut them down go through msconfig but be forwarrned you can really mess things up in msconfig ;)

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

Originally posted by ClueTwo@Feb 27 2006, 04:25 PM

Alright man..I've got something for you..

I just downloaded 200 brushes for Photoshop CS and they are all currently compressed into 200 seperate winzip files..I want to install them all at once..

Please help.

get winrar http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar351.exe open up the folder in winrar and select all then press extract and extract them to Photoshop CS /tools folder or where ever they belong

Ok, got all the .abr files into the C:Program files/Adobe/Presets/Brushes folder..

Basically, I'm clueless now on how to use them...I don't even see 200 new brushes.

I've been using photoshop for a long time, but have never ventured into the brush world. I know there's some really cool shit you can do with them, but I'm lost..

Guest imported_Tesseract

Yo mainter thanx alot. I actually got avast and got rid of mcafee and it did an impressive bootscan flipping the shit our of my system. Everything looks fine now.

Originally posted by ClueTwo@Feb 27 2006, 04:42 PM

Ok, got all the .abr files into the C:Program files/Adobe/Presets/Brushes folder..

Basically, I'm clueless now on how to use them...I don't even see 200 new brushes.

I've been using photoshop for a long time, but have never ventured into the brush world. I know there's some really cool shit you can do with them, but I'm lost..

i could be wrong but... with the brush tool selected right click over the doc and hit the little arrow in the top right of the window... load brushes... navigate to where the brushes are... select brushes to load

or they might show up at the bottom of the list when you hit the arrow.. not sure though

ok hopefully someone can answer this i need to put a hard drive from a old broke computer in to another comp both hard drives have same os i.s ther a way that i can do it with conflict the hard drive that is already there ? i have a good amount of comp knowledge of comp repair just adding a sewcond hard drive, that is not clean.

and question 2 is there anyweb sites with photoshop programs that are some what lower priced or free i dont want to spend over like 30 us dollars

Hi.

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional. I want to upgrade to Windows XP. My friend gave me a brand new Windows XP package/disc. I put the disc in, run the setup for the Windows XP, and when I try to install Windows XP an error occurs. And this is what the error says:

"Setup cannot upgrade your current installation to Windows XP.

Your current installation of Windows is not a supported upgrade path.

Setup cannot continue."

Help Me.