MPC Morris Park Crew: Official History book coming out 2012

desism_ktc

As a favor to the author I am posting a link for the MPC Official History book coming out in October.

Before some of you go off on your "I know everything about this crew from Style Wars" mentality, I urge you to look at things as a whole and not just the "Cap vs the World" era (that I was part of coincidentally).

Book Description

No other graffiti crew from New York City's graffiti heyday conjures up more images of angel dust-smoking, beer-drinking, "crazy white boys," than the Bronx-born-and-bred writing group Morris Park Crew (MPC). This official history of the crew tells the stories behind the group with never-before-published photos, oral histories from MPC members, and details on the 2009-2010 MPC revival. Starting in 1977, when founding members Slip, Wedge, and Speed started the crew, this account continues with details of how Cap 1 took over and led the crew down its unforgettable path in the 1980s. With a penchant for going to war with rival graffiti crews for train space and territory, which in turn led to the largest city-wide cross-out campaign, the MPC was known as a bunch of thugs who beat, hung, and shot perceived rivals and a group of talent-less "toys." Wrapped up in this raw tell-all about the bad boys of NYC graffiti, are not just accounts of the crew's passion for graffiti, but the real-life challenges its young members faced in their urban environment.

I think it will surprise many people to see the whole history.

Just my $0.02.

Size: 11 3/4" x 9"

Illustrations: 402 color photos

Pages: 160

Availability: Oct 2012

Binding:Hard Cover

http://www.schifferbooks.com/newschiffer/book_template.php?isbn=9780764341571

9780764341571.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.