Start saving up for your space tickets!

Harvey Wallbanger

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Are you sure you're thinking of the rides that are currently available, where you don't actually leave the stratosphere-- they just fly up really high, then go into a freefall for a couple of minutes of "weightlessness"?

I think these dudes are talking real deal space travel though.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2009-12-07-virgin-galactic_N.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomScienceAndSpace-TopStories+%28Tech+-+Science+and+Space+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Virgin Galactic plans to operate commercial spaceflights out of a taxpayer-funded spaceport in New Mexico that is under construction. The 2 1/2 hour trips — up and down flights without circling the Earth — include about five minutes of weightlessness.

SpaceShipTwo will be carried aloft by White Knight Two and released at 50,000 feet. The craft's rocket engine then burns a combination of nitrous oxide and a rubber-based solid fuel to climb more than 65 miles above the Earth's surface.

After reaching the top of its trajectory, it will fall back into the atmosphere and glide to a landing like a normal airplane. Its descent is controlled by "feathering" its wings to maximize aerodynamic drag.

I was super excited about it, until I read that part.