The DF CREW -------------->

emit_df

If you can warp history, you can also correctly represent it. I have people on board from all major crews from 1990-1999 to write a chapter on their own crew , instead of someone just talking about them and leaving shit out. This will be a step int he correct direction to documenting a decade....

My only gripe is just that people in this thread work harder to dig for a picture to post for 2 seconds of shine rather then find things that can forever be in the history books.. Im just publically telling everyone reading this now, Ive asked repeatedly and I won't ask anymore. When I set my mind to do something, it gets done, with or without anyones support. For everyone involved it would obviously benefit your input. But again I won't chase anyone down.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is where outsiders opinons are created because they dont understand the intentions of the project. Im putting a book together for that sake of history and showing a chapter of NYC ( northeastern corodor) of what I consider to be an overlooked and important decade. My goals are NOT financial in any way what so ever, and to be honest I don't think books make any money anyway, at least from all the people Ive spoken with who've published and more even coming from a content such as graffiti from the 90's. My goal is to have peoples reactions to the content be fresh and similar to:

Where was that?^ Mill Plain?

Not a book of content everyone has seen a zillion times on graffiti websites... this pic above would have NEVER been posted or seen by anyone if not for me getting it from the person who took the photo and me scanning it, along with a shit load of content i already do have that will knock everyone socks off. My intent is to report a proper publication on the 90's as well as deliver great unseen content, showing the root of where a lot of things we see today have come from... that can't happen if I send pics to people out of respect and then 6 months later it ends up on the internet.

this pic above would have NEVER been posted or seen by anyone if not for me getting it from the person who took the photo and me scanning it, along with a shit load of content i already do have that will knock everyone socks off. My intent is to report a proper publication on the 90's as well as deliver great unseen content, that doesnt happen if I send pics to people out of respect and then 6 months later it ends up on the internet.

If you are not going to put it in your book, then why not post them and let everyone see them? I understand if you plan on keeping those pics just for your book, but what good is it for anyone to hold the other pics so no one sees them?

PM me if you have questions man, im not for all this back and forth stuff. This isn't the place.

Ive posted tons of worthy material on this site for the benefit of people who've never seeing them or never would. I don't think its a wise move to publish a book and then turn around and put the content on a message board to the same people youre trying to have own the publication. Books are meant to be informative, not old news.

why on earth would anyone put any "worthy" photos on the net before they put them in a book??? then again turn around after they publish said book and post the photos compiled for the book and put them on the net??? why even make a book, just make some "illmatic" thread on some graff forum and use the title of the book for the title of the thread. fuck that would be special!

imo the book and all the rare or unseen photos together in one place in print make them better then they could ever possibly be on any internet forum...

people are retarded, then again i guess im one of them cuz i thought it was a df/imok book... cuz their aint 100 books on NY and every fucking crew there...

same reason i wouldnt... some things are sacred and meaningful to some people. i have tons of photos from many eras of graffiti that i have never seen online and they wont get posted by me... then you have others that jump online and post their work as the paint is drying. or people on flicker that think they are so cool cuz they just found the latest wall that got painted by famed writers. some people post some people keep them in the relics.

Jive

I have a ton of photo's from this time period of your work I need to get them out of storage. Half of them I took myself the other half was from Serk. He lent my friend all his negatives and we went nuts with our hook up at the CVS photo department. Hands down this was the best era.......

• Like 1