SOUL + FUNK (THE GOLDEN YEARS)

swordfish meatloaf

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Anytime Earl. : )

Oh man that corduroy track is nice. I need to read through this thread sometime soon. (School starts tomorrow. >:l ). This summer I've lost my normal touch with the funk and have been focusing on rock. It's kind of all over the place when your taste/mood is changing so much.

Notorious was lame as fuck and over produced. I can't believe how bad that movie turned out.

I think a Miles Davis movie would actually get more response. There still are a lot of people still follow jazz and even people who don't, know Miles Davis. If it's done well, it will do well. If it's done with that bullshit Tyler Perry/MTV aesthetic that Notorious was done with, then it will suck.

I really hope it does well. Want to see something raw and accurate. I never did see notorious. The trailers were just meh. Plus I honestly don't really listen to his music. Would love to see this Miles Davis movie. Don Cheadle can knock it out if the script and everything else is good. Plus, as tuco said, he could really look like Miles.

Jazz definitely isn't dead. It might be your age group Mellinoe, but jazz is one of the most important genres of music --ever. I've said it before though, for your age you have a good ear for music, so that's no diss at you. I have friends in my age group who hate jazz, and to each their own, but those people are ignorant to the influence jazz has on the music they do listen too.

So yeah, jazz is like Bebe's kids. It won't die it multiples.

I hear jazz influence in everything. I like that a lot because jazz (along with almost ALL of its sub genres) is my favorite main genre. Would love to go into something jazz/soul/music oriented in life. Only folks I know who "attempt" to appreciate jazz are white hipster (no offense) and you kind of know how that goes...

Anyway. Not really soul or funk mainly but I love this song from back in the day:

I saw Menahan live. I like them but I thought the show was kind of boring. It might have been because of the venue, which was Central Park. We actually left before Sharon Jones came on because the crowd was hitting my boiling point. Free shows are good for that.

For some reason Menahan sounds like they took a huge influence from the Skatalites --which is a compliment.

Unfortunately, this is the only version of this song I can find on Youtube. The audio quality is kind of bubbly.

Pierre Lavin Pop Band - In Advance

Gong - Cat In Clark's Shoes

Baby Huey-Mighty Mighty Children(part 1)

Wah Wah Watson - Bubbles

Freddie Hubbard - Tucson Stomp

Lafayette Afro Rock Band - Darkest Light

Now all you wanna do is shack yo' rump!

Hank Crawford - Sugar Free