N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think we need some help......

1. Hipster 6023 up, 785 down love it hate it

Listens to bands that you have never heard of. Has hairstyle that can only be described as "complicated." (Most likely achieved by a minimum of one week not washing it.) Probably tattooed. Maybe gay. Definitely cooler than you. Reads Black Book, Nylon, and the Styles section of the New York Times. Drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon. Often. Complains. Always denies being a hipster. Hates the word. Probably living off parents money - and spends a great deal of it to look like they don't have any. Has friends and/or self cut hair. Dyes it frequently (black, white-blonde, etc. and until scalp bleeds). Has a closet full of clothing but usually wears same three things OVER AND OVER (most likely very tight black pants, scarf, and ironic tee-shirt). Chips off nail polish artfully after $50 manicure. Sleeps with everyone and talks about it at great volume in crowded coffee shops. Addicted to coffee, cigarettes (Parliaments, Kamel Reds, Lucky Strikes, etc.), and possibly cocaine. Claims to be in a band. Rehearsals consist of choosing outfits for next show and drinking PBR. Always on the list. Majors or majored in art, writing, or queer studies. Name-drops. May go by "Penny Lane," "Eleanor Rigby," etc. when drunk. On PBR. Which is usually.

KEEP ALL THE E-BEEF IN YOUR PM BOXES.

As for all the hipster conversation, it should be in CHANNEL ZERO. My two cents though, the term "hipster" is so broad now that I'm sure almost 90% of this thread is considered a hipster in some way. Hell, I'm "white" and live in Brooklyn. It doesn't matter how I dress, what I'm into, what I think. I'm pretty much stamped hipster. So everyone should just shut up about the hipster debate now, because I guarantee this guy:

3190317334_be6b8765ec.jpg

is calling you a hipster. He's either calling you a hipster, or afraid you're going to loot his pocket.

dudes talking bout how other dudes dress, or do their hair are homo's. period.

I have to agree with this I wasnt even trying to go there with this shit but its mad annoying to see dudes who are really into art and fashion and shit like that try to shit on people who are into the same exact things by placing some retarded label on them shit is stupid as all hell......

sorry I let myself get caught up with a moron who thinks he pulled my card by disagreeing with my statements and telling me my pants are tight my bad yall

peace out!

KEEP ALL THE E-BEEF IN YOUR PM BOXES.

As for all the hipster conversation, it should be in CHANNEL ZERO. My two cents though, the term "hipster" is so broad now that I'm sure almost 90% of this thread is considered a hipster in some way. Hell, I'm "white" and live in Brooklyn. It doesn't matter how I dress, what I'm into, what I think. I'm pretty much stamped hipster. So everyone should just shut up about the hipster debate now, because I guarantee this guy:

3190317334_be6b8765ec.jpg

is calling you a hipster. He's either calling you a hipster, or afraid you're going to loot his pocket.

AND IM CALLING HIM A YUPPIE FUCK. GOOD POINT THOUGH URL

shaun was right on the money with it and said the smartest shit i heard on the topic. A hipster is anyone that is into trends and keeping up with trends of a large variety. Which means wearing tight pants to crazy nikes to taking pictures to writing graff to going to max fish to listening to bad brains and wearing gold rope chains.

and writers are deffff the hipster elite before bieng a hipster was popular.

The hay day chill spot of the 90s was the fucking village!!! And as much 90's kgb mobb hatchet axe packin shit you want to sprinkle ontop of it niggas was all about the latest gear chillin in the coolest bars in the city into photography, art, The reason why so much graffiti was done in the chinatown east village area is because of how many writers was chillin in bars in the city gettin drunk and the majority of yesteryears writers or niggas modern day graff idols is still in the village barhopping buying pbr's and bieng all out hipsters.

this situation comes with its pros and its cons. I say nyc takes as much advantage as it can of all the trickle down wealth beer and pussy.

ayo, fuck this site, honestly. whoever deletes comments and shit is obtuse as a motherfucker, you gonna let some jock like twonpoo spout feces out his mouth about matters that need not concern him, but i guess if you buy a "premium" membership or whatever that shit is you can get sucked too.

preach