Raiders of the Railfans Part 1

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

pictures%5C26532%5Cmar%204%202008%20214.JPG

Looks like they get hassled as well. Here is the comment under this pic:

"Right after I took this photo the usual cop vs railfan B.S started again. Why is it they go after those who aren't trespassing and are minding their own business then go after those who trespass and are doing railroad graffiti? When this train came by there wasn't one person at the crossing so I went back in my car put it on accessories and turned up the heat and turned on my radio. Next minute I see something white and blue behind me and a door is open so I take the keys out and open my door. The cop maybe 25 yrs old? asked me what I was doing, and I told him I'm watching trains, the dumb cop acted like that's the dumbest thing he ever heard and took my licence looked at my tripod in the back seat then wanted my insurance. BTW I had to step out of my car because I was sitting on my wallet so he asked me to wait right there. he comes back and as my cell phone is ringing he lets me go in my pocket and turn it off (aren't you supposed to keep your hands out where they can see them?) He leaves to move his ford explorer, then comes back and ask me to go back in my car. (and if I was doing something illegal I could of used that time to escape, that's another dumb thing he did) so a few minutes later he comes back and tells me why he questioned me "I never saw someone park here to watch trains, I thought you were waiting for someone" who the boogieman? president bush? WTF. I'm not sure if this is this guy qualifies as the dumbest police officer to ever question me, or the CSX cop who told me and Chris that we can't stand on the side walks here, or the Hammond cop who patted me down last year for standing near a curb...or maybe that NS cop who saw me a hour earlier and decided to check me out?...I think this cops elevator dosent quite reach the top floor."

"

Who's the boogieman? HAHAHA poor railfans..its crazy they get harassed. I guess it just depends on where you are or how fucking sketchy you look. Sappy son of a bitch mentioned about 4 different police he's been harassed by. I've never really gotten harassed that much..I mean we all saw changes after 9/11 but damn. I guess I look as harmless as Mr. Rogers. HA!