Senior Hezbollah militant killed

Porcelain

the information that I have says that it was a lone gunman, not a coordinated attack. He was a Palestinian however Hamas nor Al Aqsa or any other palestinian organisation has taken responsibility. The “Galilee Freedom Battalions — the Martyrs of Imad Mughniyah”, whoever the hell they are, have. This information was also displayed displayed on Hizbollah's TV station however this type of attack is definitely not the usual MO of the Lebanese group and the assailant himself was not Lebanese. I'd, and so do others, argue that this was probably an attack by a lone person or a new ad hoc group that will probably disappear as fast as they appeared.

Unfortunately though, this is all the reason Israel needs to start a full scale conflict with hizbollah. And working along these lines, Israeli fighter jets are now flying over Lebanon. No firing has yet begun but I'd say it's only a matter of time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the information that I have says that it was a lone gunman, not a coordinated attack. He was a Palestinian however Hamas nor Al Aqsa or any other palestinian organisation has taken responsibility. The “Galilee Freedom Battalions — the Martyrs of Imad Mughniyahâ€, whoever the hell they are, have. This information was also displayed displayed on Hizbollah's TV station however this type of attack is definitely not the usual MO of the Lebanese group and the assailant himself was not Lebanese. I'd, and so do others, argue that this was probably an attack by a lone person or a new ad hoc group that will probably disappear as fast as they appeared.

Unfortunately though, this is all the reason Israel needs to start a full scale conflict with hizbollah. And working along these lines, Israeli fighter jets are now flying over Lebanon. No firing has yet begun but I'd say it's only a matter of time.

I dont have to tell you the various never heard of before or after terrorist groups, created by aleady established groups, that take responsibility for some attacks...that is where my money is. Hamas has carried out suicide shooting type attacks before as well. Also, this guy apparently was disguised as a student, and either knew the security precautions well enough to smuggle an AK and pistol through, or had one planted there ahead of time. That doesn't jive with the lone gunmen theory which would probably be more of a spur of the moment thing, but I don't know in any case thats just speculation.

I dont have to tell you the various never heard of before or after terrorist groups, created by aleady established groups, that take responsibility for some attacks...that is where my money is. Hamas has carried out suicide shooting type attacks before as well. Also, this guy apparently was disguised as a student, and either knew the security precautions well enough to smuggle an AK and pistol through, or had one planted there ahead of time. That doesn't jive with the lone gunmen theory which would probably be more of a spur of the moment thing, but I don't know in any case thats just speculation.
Yeah, absolutely I agree 100% I was more trying to imply that it definitely wasn't Hizbollah. I just didn't do it very well. Another reason why it just wasn't one guy doing it all by himself..., some one had to make teh phone calls and send the letters of responsibility. Definitely a Palestinian led attack. I haven't read the article saying Hamas did it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why has Syria delayed the release of the report into Mugnayiah's death? Is it true that the Israeli military maneuvers have caused this delay?

That's a good question Jimmy!

Let me see, it would seem that little Johnny Saudi Arabia may have had something to do with the assassination. Saudi Arabia is Iran's main opponent in the region and Hizbollah is Iran's main military arm that supports Iran's aims outside of it's borders against Israel. It's also claimed that a Syrian woman helped the Saudis, who were helping Israel registering the two cars used under her name.

so, Syria is stalling so it can clean its own house and to put pressure on Saudi Arabia to gain useful concessions in Lebanon, who's pro-Western government is supported by Riyadh. They also don't want to add public pressure on Hizbollah to respond to Israel's attack before they are ready.

Did you get all that jimmy?

Israel is currently jamming all of Lebanon's phone systems, both mobile and land whilst they hold a nation wide military exercise. I'll check the weather systems and then make my predictions for war.

you think the u.s. is going to use israel by proxy to start the games off for iran. too?

i'm almost convinced that is how it will go down.

Nah, I don't really think the US wants to go up against Iran right now. They have their ground forces already stretched (that means homeland somewhat vulnerable in relation) and if they start a bombing campaign that will also then use up a lot of their remaining power projection capabilities. All this while Russia is remobilising and China is growing stronger, the Taleban are resurgent, Korea and Japan are looking to go it alone in East Asia and the terrorist threat is still alive and well. The US doesn't want to take any risks that could see it getting stuck in another situation with no foreseeable exit.

Also, Iran just requested more talks with the US concerning Iraq (about 36 hours ago) and the US snubbed Ahmedinajad when he was in Baghdad. This pretty much says that the US is gaining the upper hand in relations with Tehran. If the US is to launch a strike on Iran that doesn't completely criple the nation resulting in an over-throwing of the government, the US can kiss any sense of stability in Iraq goodbye. That is probably one of the biggest factors why the US would rather just see Israel knock Hizbollah out.

Of course, Iran and other nations will complain to the Us that Israel is acting under US command/complicit with the US/with US suport thus placing stability in Iraq under jeopardy. So the US will publicly ask Israel to take it easy and try diplomacy whilst pushing them forward with a hidden hand. Once the US creates stability and a permanent foothold in Iraq, their hand to deal with Tehran will be significantly strengthened. Therefore, I cant see any great reason to push the deal forward any faster especially considering that Iranian nukes are nt yet a certainty and are still a number of years away even when they become so.

Although, there is nothing to say that it won't happen, it's just that right now does not seem like an opportune time for the US.

Im not sure Israel is in any position to fight wars right now. They will obviously defend, but right now the Gaza issue seems to be picking up. I foresee a couple major operations soon. I think the jamming was more of a warning and less of a threat.

Im not sure Israel is in any position to fight wars right now. They will obviously defend, but right now the Gaza issue seems to be picking up. I foresee a couple major operations soon. I think the jamming was more of a warning and less of a threat.

you can never tell with israel. i've read a little about the mossad and the other (forget the name) and their tactics. pretty intense.

i really need to take some krav maga classes in the city.

shabak.

yeah israel has to be creative because they are so small a force. Krav is awesome I took it for a year in Israel, my instructor was crazy, the third lesson he punched us all in the face so we knew what it felt like.

shabak.

yeah israel has to be creative because they are so small a force. Krav is awesome I took it for a year in Israel, my instructor was crazy, the third lesson he punched us all in the face so we knew what it felt like.

did you see that fighting show on discovery? the instructor was a hot israeli chick, apparently one of the best. she beat she fuck out of that one guy.

face dirt plenty of times.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/story/2008/2/23/10016/0401

did you see that fighting show on discovery? the instructor was a hot israeli chick, apparently one of the best. she beat she fuck out of that one guy.

face dirt plenty of times.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/story/2008/2/23/10016/0401

haha epic. we fought on a roof. the roof didnt really have any railings, just a low wall, its amazing no one died. it was fun. I was going to continue in the US but i didnt like the gyms in the area.

Oh and one thing about Israeli chicks, they're all like her, just some dont fight as well. I love them.

haha epic. we fought on a roof. the roof didnt really have any railings, just a low wall, its amazing no one died. it was fun. I was going to continue in the US but i didnt like the gyms in the area.

Oh and one thing about Israeli chicks, they're all like her, just some dont fight as well. I love them.

on a roof? you heebs are pretty much like living action movies. haha.

all israeli chicks can fight? how fucking awesome is that? most american chicks are way too girly.

must convert to judaism......

on a roof? you heebs are pretty much like living action movies. haha.

all israeli chicks can fight? how fucking awesome is that? most american chicks are way too girly.

must convert to judaism......

the only women who cant really fight are the ultra-orthodox girls that dont go to the army, but then you could say the same for the men.

• 2 years later...

Archived