Tony Scott is doing the Warriors remake

earl broclo ESQ

when i see movies or documentaries or pictures of NYC in the 70's, it makes me think the city was a lot more grimier than it is today. nowadays it seems it's gotten a lot more gentrified, and areas that were once slums are now lofts with hipsters and shit. am i wrong?

THEY PICKED A HANDFUL OF NEIGHBORHOODS AND REPLACED ALL THE NATIVES WITH NIGGAS FROM MILWAUKEE

ALOT OF THE BRONX STILL LOOKS LIKE THAT, EXCEPT NOW THE VACANT LOTS ARE EITHER GETTING SHIT BUILT ON THEM OR GETTING TARPED AND FENCED OFF SO IT LOOKS A LITTLE NEATER. THE POLICE PRESENCE IS CRAZY TOO B, YOU SEE MORE COPS THAN CABS AND NIGGAS ARE PUTTING UP THOSE CRAZY LIGHTHOUSE LOOKING POSTS ON MAIN BLOCKS.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting... yeah i was also under the impression that most people that live in these gentrified areas (williamsburg, parts of manhattan, etc) aren't even new yorkers, but people that moved to NY from the midwest because it's "hip" to do so.

but at least NYC still has its natives... unlike LA where it's hard to find anyone actually born & raised in LA. LA is mainly an out-of-towner hipster or immigrant city... either they're from the midwest, the south, east coast, other parts of cali, or mexico/central america. and if the person was born & raised in LA, there's a good chance that their parents are from somewhere else. in NYC i know that there are people whose families have lived in the city for generations. both my parents were born & raised in LA, as was i. that's very rare to find. i'm like an endangered species. you don't really find people whose families have been here for generations.