NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: NYC Subways - the good stuff

I'm speechless after going through every page of this thread. Granted, there is alot of stuff that i have flix of, or have seen, but to see them all in 1 thread is just mind blowing. This is a thread that alot of newer kids should take notice of. So much history, and style in here. I still to this day think that the best pieces ever were done was in the 70's, and 80's, and this thread proves that (although I am a bit parcial to the 80's only because that is what i grew up seeing). I wonder if younger kids can look at this thread, and trully see the whole picture. How all of these pieces weren't done with a permission slip. How they had limited amount of colors as compared to that euro stuff now. How there were only 2 caps back then. An outline, and a fat cap. Both which you had to rack if you wanted them (not to mention that alot of people just used the stock cap that came on the can). . How most of these cars were done in the middle of the night with poor lighting.....

Again. Great thread. This is the type of thread that you can look at over, and over and not get sick of..thanks..

I fully agree with you, kids today seriously dont realize how easy they have it. I look at some of these trains and the style for when it was done or say a whole car that was done in a train yard when they could only stand back 5ft away from it to look at it and STILL see the proportion correctly is amazing to me!!

This is the only thread on 12oz that I come on and check regularly!!! Thanks for starting this one Ghostof and thanks to everyone else for keeping it going!!! :king:

did chow pull out a lot of cars?...i've seen a few but dude was pretty fresh..i'd like to see more...

also..i wish there were more new wave flicks online...dudes are hard to track down flicks of...but talking from some dudes who were there, they definitely seemed to make an impact that kind of gets overlooked a bit

bem, criz, ghost...or anyone. do you have fliks of the vulcan relief joint on the 5s? I remember seeing a flik of a conductor chipping the shit off with his shoe so the doors could open. I saw the piece weeks after they managed to get all the letters off the car. i always wondered what it looked like fresh out the layup.

did chow pull out a lot of cars?...i've seen a few but dude was pretty fresh..i'd like to see more...

also..i wish there were more new wave flicks online...dudes are hard to track down flicks of...but talking from some dudes who were there, they definitely seemed to make an impact that kind of gets overlooked a bit

i have 2 chow pieces from the numbers. from what i understand, dude did his thing. I cant say for sure that he did ALOT of cars, but he definitly had a presence in his day....his partner Omni is an unsung hero. he rocked the spot. i caught a couple of his joints too.

someone who was really doing damage and in the game may know better than me, but i would say new wave made more of an impact in the area of quality than quantity. they did a lot of innovative graff. i think people were inspired by just how sick and innovative their shit was more than seeing them on every car. in addition, they did a lot of shit on the letters, and since the letters rarely got documented, their shit is just that much harder to find.

i have great shots of the second one. i think that was from the whole train.

but the one im talkin about is when Vulcan pasted these foam letters on the train in the shape of his name. i think the N was over the door. it was the middle of winter and when the glue dried the doors wouldnt open.

i have great shots of the second one. i think that was from the whole train.

but the one im talkin about is when Vulcan pasted these foam letters on the train in the shape of his name. i think the N was over the door. it was the middle of winter and when the glue dried the doors wouldnt open.

That sounds dope as hell! Vulcan always inventive...Actual letters, thats fucking awesome!