NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Heroin by Zephyr, Kills by Dondi and, correct me if I´m wrong, but I believe it was Charlie Ahearn who did the devil character on the left.

That's correct. If you have Wild Style The Sampler book they actually show an action shot or 2 of Charlie Ahearn in New Lots painting that car daytime. I think that they also have a shot of Zeph in action doing it. Great car!

the only absolute truth is this guy wayne made the name stay high famous. did this guy (in the youtube interview) write stay high 149 first? possibly. did wayne bite it from this guy? possibly. but not probably. it is recorded in subway art and in jack stewarts original dissertation that he lifted the stick figure from the saint tv show. also in jack stewart's dissertation stay high (wayne) is described as a tall slender black kid that was much older than his contemporaries (in his early 20s in 1971). how could a 20 year old mistake 2 JHS kids as being under cover cops. not to mention the countless writers from this era that acknowledge wayne as the original. im sure every name of every famous writer was written by some neighborhood kid local tagger before the person who made it famous wrote it...but that does not mean the famous one bit it from the local yocal. with the strong drug presence in the late 60s and early 70s in the bronx and harlem it is definitly possible someone else wrote stay high during this time. but if all this guy has is his word on you tube, no primary or secondary evidence to back it up (photos, credible interviews, documentation etc.), even understanding your "absolute truth" arguement it is still a hard pill to swallow.

I'll settle this shit right now. The original Jack Stewart dissertation has a photo of StayHigh 149 benching, and it is WAYNE!

the only absolute truth is this guy wayne made the name stay high famous. did this guy (in the youtube interview) write stay high 149 first? possibly. did wayne bite it from this guy? possibly. but not probably. it is recorded in subway art and in jack stewarts original dissertation that he lifted the stick figure from the saint tv show. also in jack stewart's dissertation stay high (wayne) is described as a tall slender black kid that was much older than his contemporaries (in his early 20s in 1971). how could a 20 year old mistake 2 JHS kids as being under cover cops. not to mention the countless writers from this era that acknowledge wayne as the original. im sure every name of every famous writer was written by some neighborhood kid local tagger before the person who made it famous wrote it...but that does not mean the famous one bit it from the local yocal. with the strong drug presence in the late 60s and early 70s in the bronx and harlem it is definitly possible someone else wrote stay high during this time. but if all this guy has is his word on you tube, no primary or secondary evidence to back it up (photos, credible interviews, documentation etc.), even understanding your "absolute truth" arguement it is still a hard pill to swallow.

I am not sure either way but I also came across this situation . I had met once a stay high and talked story with him for a short time . He was a friendly guy I assumed he was who he said and witnessed him draw and sign a few black books. I later was in a forum called aerosol icons and saw stay high 149 was listed as a member. I proceeded to write a brief note to say whats up, in which I mentioned our talk that day. I was in a rush and stepped out to go to work . The following week I went back to the site and found a pm from stay high149 saying I must have the wrong guy, and proceeded with his story which I believe is printed there for anyone looking to read it. He said I think you mean the black guy. In surprise I said, yes the guy I met was black, and said sorry for the confusion. After that I saw he has pictures on the site of him and his work as well as him painting it. Or should I say a younger Spanish looking guy. If it's him or not I am not going to guess. I write this just to mention the pictures.If his story is true that sucks I would hate for my name to be taken knowingly that there was another ,and in the same city no less. If it is not true that is equally sucks for someone who put in allot of time and doesn't deserve the hassle. Aerosol icons.com

^^^ that dude is trying to get fame for nothing!!! He was trying to claim being Stay High before Wayne came back into the picture after 25yrs... the guy keeps telling stories and the holes keep coming through... He can not provide one single shred of evidence to prove his claims all he has is his words, like we should believe him on that, saying he started in 1966, BULLSHIT!!! Show me a photo, ANY photo from 1966 that has a modern day graffiti tag in it with a number after it... This guy is a wanna be!!!!

I only post this just because I have come across this myself and also know of the pictures I have seen here, AerosolIcons.com . I am not sure if he is telling the truth or not but from that video he doesn't look too skilled in his handstyle if he is back into the game. Painting or whatever. Even after years of not writing I think I could produce my tag after doing it over and over thousands of times or whatever.

Today is the 1 year anniversary of us losing IZ The Wiz... I can't believe it's already been a year since he passed, it seems like I was just talking to him yesterday... time sure does fly!!! I miss you Mikey!!! I know you are doing whole cars at that big train yard in the sky!!!!

This is a page from one of his black books and I thought it was so appropriate to post up today!!!

DSC01421.jpg

IZ_paintingtrain.jpg