Arrest Warrents state to state

Durdenwasright

Hey im pretty sure its cool to ask this.... If i get arrested in one state if i move to another state am I fine or the next time I get pulled over am I gonna get hauled off to jail? I know this is a little vauge but nothings happened yet. Im planning on taking a road trip with some friends and just wondering what would happen if we got rapped and just bounced?

any help would be great... thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if the offenses are minor it is highly unlikely they will show up on another states database, even if the cases are open.

yes, i know this from personal experience.

the important part is to not tell the cops you used to live in that state (so you'll need an ID card/driver's license for your new state)

it also helps if when they ask you if you've been arrested before, you have something real and super minor to feed them like,"once when i was 22 i got arrested for public drunkenness on new year's eve"

if you are just getting pulled over, unless you are on the ten most wanted list, you probably don't have much to worry about.

remember, if the new state arrests you, the old state would have to extradite you

it's a lot of paperwork for them.

say hypothetically if you were arrested and detained and your warrant in another state showed up before you were released, as long as it was not a felony, chances are they would still let you go because the cost and hassle of extraditing someone across state lines is just not worth it.

Guest spectr

honestly it depends on the state... nature of the crime.... how long your arrest record is... and shit like that... usually its safe to say if you are on the other side of the missippi you are safe... oh and fuck i misspelled that.... and that.... but yeah.. move more then one state away... and change your id to your current state so they don't run your name through your old state in your new state...