The Jimmy Hoffa's end zone cemetery...superthread

Guest mugshot

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gentrifried

• once upon a crime

• Jersey Official

• demerock

dont confuse technic and effects w style

i really think Mes has created his own little niche, and essentially really developed and come into his own style, hes certainly gotten away from the traditional pfe style, but you can still see hints of it here and there. i definitely understand what you mean about technique being confused with style, if it was in regards to Mes i have to disagree, if not disregard what i said haha......

I enjoy the way he applies the effects to his piece , he does it very well and it is very creative. What im sayin about style is that when i think of 'developing their own style' or ORIGINAL styles, I think of ppl like WEST,SERVE,ROM,DONDI,BIO,TKID...guys like this who develop and STILL develop their OWN innovative style, the letters themslves. I like Mes, as a person and as an artist.But its more of an effect that hes appling to the letters. We live in the Age of Sampling, so I guess it cant be helped in this day and age.

Just my humble opinion.

I enjoy the way he applies the effects to his piece , he does it very well and it is very creative. What im sayin about style is that when i think of 'developing their own style' or ORIGINAL styles, I think of ppl like WEST,SERVE,ROM,DONDI,BIO,TKID...guys like this who develop and STILL develop their OWN innovative style, the letters themslves. I like Mes, as a person and as an artist.But its more of an effect that hes appling to the letters. We live in the Age of Sampling, so I guess it cant be helped in this day and age.

Just my humble opinion.

Word up Nix . Shout out TKID 170

STYLE .....THAT WORD CARRIES ALOT OF LUGGAGE TO IT MAN..SOME CATS ARE DOPE WITH CHARACTERS, BACKGROUND AND ALL THAT FLY SHIT..BUT IF THE PIECE AINT PACKED WITH STYLE OR SHOULD I SAY REPRESENT YOU AS A PERSON..FUCK IT..WHY GRAF..THAT APPLIES TO LEGAL AND ILLEGAL..SOME CATS ARE STR8 BITERS..AND SOME CATS ARENT..SOME CATS CLAIMED THEY CAME UP WITH A CERTAIN STYLE BUT NO PICS OR DOCUMENTATION TO PROVE IT..SOME CATS WILL TAKE A STYLE THEY ARE FASCINATED WITH AND BREAK IT DOWN UNTIL THEY CANT NO MORE..I DONT KNOW MAN..I THINK A PERSONS STYLE SHOULD BE LIKE A FINGERPRINT..YEA THEY KINDA ALL LOOK THE SAME AT A GLANCE..BUT THEY ARENT..I THINK WHEN A PERSON CAN GET ILL WITH THE STYLE THEY CREATED THERE IS NOT LIMIT..FOR THE RECORD THIS ISNT DIRECTED TOWARDS NO ONE ..I'M JUST POLITICAN..