Research. HELP!

Mariel

Hello all!

Im doing research at Michigan State University with my focus on symbolism in Graffiti. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to answer the following question for me?

I have decided to base my research on the use of symbolism in Graffiti, because I think that is why I, personally love it. Of course I appreciate a good artist, but i appreciate all good artists, and I also respect the criminal aspects, but it's not like I have a personal tendency towards crime. Then I realized, well I like trying to figure it out. For Example, Enep1, it has multiple meanings and represents a variety of things. People sometimes use numbers to represent letters in the alphabet, some artists make statements through pictures...It is all very clever and impressive to me. I was wondering what you think about the use of symbols, and what symbols you may have used in your own work?

All communications are completely confidential, please email responses to, baccimar©gmail.com

Thank You in advance to anyone who can help me.

-Mariel Bacci

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sorry but this board gets some kid wanting help with their research paper every month. No one is going to take you seriously or partake. The good news for you is that there has already been tons of media, interviews, and research done on graffiti. Find your way to the wikipedia article on graffiti, go to youtube and search for graffiti interviews, read articles you find online, and you'll get the info you need. To be honest though, generally graffiti isn't about symbolism. Maybe stenciling is, but that shits wack.

Sorry but this board gets some kid wanting help with their research paper every month. No one is going to take you seriously or partake. The good news for you is that there has already been tons of media, interviews, and research done on graffiti. Find your way to the wikipedia article on graffiti, go to youtube and search for graffiti interviews, read articles you find online, and you'll get the info you need. To be honest though, generally graffiti isn't about symbolism. Maybe stenciling is, but that shits wack.

Well, thanks for the information. Ive really tried to research graffiti through other peoples work already, Im just trying to do some of my own. I dont htink graffiti is about symbolism either, but I think its an element of graffiti that is over looked. I won't know if its true without the opinion of actual artist though, so thank you for yours.